Coltsmiths in North Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Are there any reputable Coltsmiths in Louisiana? Smiths who don't mind and in fact take pride in the craftmanship of a Python or a concealable Detective Special or the workhorse Official Police. Students of Jerry Kuhnhusen.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I collect Colt DA revolvers. As such I can only recommend three places. Grant Cunningham is in the pacific north west. I've got two handguns he worked on for me. My primary CCW is a Colt Cobra that he worked on. It's the best action on any of my Colts now. His work is incredible but pricey. He also might not be currently taking any new work. He gets a couple of years behind then closes it down for a while. I'm told Cylinder and Slide does an adequate job on Colts. Lastly and this is your best option send them back to Colt. They still service most of the DA revolvers they sold. Call them to make sure before you send it in to them. But I had a 1928 Police Positive Target that they still worked on two years ago.

Dave

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    HAHA, that's usually what I do. I've never used Mr. Cunningham, but I read his commentary on the Coltforum all the time.
    The reason I posted the question here is because I get tired of UPSing my guns all over the country when there is a problem. I'd like to find a local professional that I can just drive over there.

Top Bottom