Competent Gun Smith that can weld.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Looking for a competent gun smith that can weld this defelctor to my PTR91 and match the finishing. The smith must be able to warrant their work and replace my firearm if they mess it up. I would prefer someone within a few hours drive in South Lousiana before I look into sending the gun off out of state.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    When you find this gunsmith PLEASE let me know lol.
    I had one, Eduardo Chahin, heard he is not doing much working anymore. Not sure if he is still Alive. Had him do some custom Mauser work for me. Hard for me to send a gun I just spent $1500 on to customize and have someone screw it up because they can not weld.

I am feeling a little entrepreneurial. Think I will make my own part. I have a 3d printer. Make a prototype part that does not require welding then get someone to make it out of steel.

mylongscreenname

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2020
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Eduardo is still in the business. Same location. He moves slower and that has caused a decent backlog in his shop. He helped me with my Dan Wesson 44mag. I like the guy but do not see him achieving what you seek on this deal. I think you will have to send it off to get the results you want.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Eduardo is still in the business. Same location. He moves slower and that has caused a decent backlog in his shop. He helped me with my Dan Wesson 44mag. I like the guy but do not see him achieving what you seek on this deal. I think you will have to send it off to get the results you want.
    Funny, last time I used him was for my Dan and Wesson Model 14.

mylongscreenname

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2020
    Baton Rouge, LA
    He is a wealth of knowledge and information. We should all probably spend time drinking a cup of coffee with that guy and hanging out in his shop but don't tell him you own a Dan Wesson. He will ask when you are going to "trade up" and get a real revolver. (He is a model 29 smith fan)

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    He is a wealth of knowledge and information. We should all probably spend time drinking a cup of coffee with that guy and hanging out in his shop but don't tell him you own a Dan Wesson. He will ask when you are going to "trade up" and get a real revolver. (He is a model 29 smith fan)
    You got that right. All of it. I met him through my father years ago and he is the reason I now own a 29-3. He’s a very pleasant fellow and a master gunsmith.

Top Bottom