Concealed carry gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So last year I was hospitalized for a couple months and had no insurance so I sold every gun I owned except for one J-Frame. Now I’m getting back on my feet and I’m looking at getting a new carry gun, I’ve always carried a G-19 or a M&P 2.0 but question running right back to the same old thing. I’m really looking at the sig 365XL or possibly a CZ P-07 as my new carry gun. What else should I add to my shopping list?? (Oh must be 9mm)

Thanks

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I did a shoot-off last year between the 365xl, Shield, PDP, G19, and G48 looking for a new carry gun. Went with the G48, which is just a longer barreled G43.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If you already are used to carrying a G19 or M&P 2.0 why not stick with them? Personally I’m not a fan of the micro 9’s and I personally carry a G17. If you can comfortably carry a larger gun why drop down in size and lose capacity, terminal ballistics, longer sight radius amongst many other benefits of a larger gun.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If you already are used to carrying a G19 or M&P 2.0 why not stick with them? Personally I’m not a fan of the micro 9’s and I personally carry a G17. If you can comfortably carry a larger gun why drop down in size and lose capacity, terminal ballistics, longer sight radius amongst many other benefits of a larger gun.
    Great point, I’ve carried that size gun for right at 15years. But anytime I’ve been doing mechanic work rolling around on the ground or cycling I’ve found that size gun with 2 spare mags to be on the bigger side. Carrying the little j-frame for the last year has opened my mind to the advantages of smaller guns. As I get back on my feet financially I’ll most likely add another G-19 also.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Am I the only one carrying a 1911? Springfield EMP 3 is my normal daily driver.

Glad you're doing better.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I had the chance to handle the Glock 43x and the Sig 365xl today at 2 different stores (not a side by side comparison) and personally I feel like the Glock 43x fit me much better (but I wanna like the sig more for some reason, probably the 2 extra rounds and better sights out the box lol).

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Am I the only one carrying a 1911? Springfield EMP 3 is my normal daily driver.

Glad you're doing better.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    I can’t bring myself to roll around on the cement working on equipment while carrying such a beautiful 1911!

Thanks for the kind words.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom