Concealed Carry Permit Renewal Class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Okay, the time has come (and gone) for me to renew my CCP. I was all set up to take the class before my expiration date of 04/19/2022. Twice from two different instructors my class was cancelled. I am in the Pearl River area and need to get my class done soon. FITS told me there is like a 60 day grace period but none of their scheduled classes fall in time to get my stuff sent off before then and I got in touch with them too late to get in their online class.

Anyone know of someone else on the north shore that I could contact about doing this class. Back when I did my original CCP it took 13 months to get back. I would hate to have to go through all of that again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    with the resurgence of permitless CC in LA once again, you might want to wait a while and see if it indeed passes this time. No cost CC for all eligible LA citizens.
    One of the guys here posted a really good argument/comment he thought it may pass this time, that maybe a back room deal has been made. The legislature wouldn't re-attempt passage so soon if there was not enough votes to overturn the JBE veto this time around.

Last edited:

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    If you are still looking to renew, we have a class this Saturday April 30th, 2022. I know this is after your expiration date, but better late than never (if you choose to renew). Class starts at 12 noon, costs $100 cash for first-timers, or $50 cash for renewal, and you don't have to pre-register. Just show up at the St. James Sheriff's Range in Vacherie, La with your handgun and at least 36 rounds of ammo. Range is located behind the Parish dump, 2.2 miles West of Hwy 20 on 3127
    If you need additional info, 225-562-2571 and ask for Lt. Brooks.

I realize this is nowhere near Pearl River, but thought it might help if you can't find anyplace else.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    with the resurgence of permitless CC in LA once again, you might want to wait a while and see if it indeed passes this time. No cost CC for all eligible LA citizens.
    One of the guys here posted a really good argument/comment he thought it may pass this time, that maybe a back room deal has been made. The legislature wouldn't re-attempt passage so soon if there was not enough votes to overturn the JBE veto this time around.

Thanks. For me, its not just about having the permit. I love the fact that I never get delayed when buying a new gun anymore also due to not having to go through the check.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    If you are still looking to renew, we have a class this Saturday April 30th, 2022. I know this is after your expiration date, but better late than never (if you choose to renew). Class starts at 12 noon, costs $100 cash for first-timers, or $50 cash for renewal, and you don't have to pre-register. Just show up at the St. James Sheriff's Range in Vacherie, La with your handgun and at least 36 rounds of ammo. Range is located behind the Parish dump, 2.2 miles West of Hwy 20 on 3127
    If you need additional info, 225-562-2571 and ask for Lt. Brooks.

I realize this is nowhere near Pearl River, but thought it might help if you can't find anyplace else.
    Thank you.

NRB-FDL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2022
    New Orleans
    Bearcotraining.com

They are based on the northshore but the class is all online. I just did my renewal with them a month ago. Start and stop modules at your convenience. Can't recommend it enough. Go shoot your qual with them when you are done.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

Permitless carry doesn't help you when you want to carry out of the state lines...

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Bearcotraining.com

They are based on the northshore but the class is all online. I just did my renewal with them a month ago. Start and stop modules at your convenience. Can't recommend it enough. Go shoot your qual with them when you are done.
    I second this. I took my renewal with Bearco online and actually learned something. Didn't have to listen to everyone chiming in with their war stories. I shot my qualification at Bedico range, but I believe that you can shoot just at just about any qualified range.

johnpaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2016
    metairie,la
    Okay, the time has come (and gone) for me to renew my CCP. I was all set up to take the class before my expiration date of 04/19/2022. Twice from two different instructors my class was cancelled. I am in the Pearl River area and need to get my class done soon. FITS told me there is like a 60 day grace period but none of their scheduled classes fall in time to get my stuff sent off before then and I got in touch with them too late to get in their online class.

Anyone know of someone else on the north shore that I could contact about doing this class. Back when I did my original CCP it took 13 months to get back. I would hate to have to go through all of that again.

I just got my first-time CCP from the class on west napoleon ave in metairie.I wish I could give you instructors # but I can't find it.Metairie is closer than st.james

johnpaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2016
    metairie,la
    Thanks. For me, its not just about having the permit. I love the fact that I never get delayed when buying a new gun anymore also due to not having to go through the check.
    Yeah,I did not know this about not having to go through background check.I just got my CCP,and I am not upset about now legislature might pass that.I have my permit for almost 5 yrs and there will be no questions.Stay healthy,regards,johnpaul

johnpaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2016
    metairie,la
    Yeah,I did not know this about not having to go through background check.I just got my CCP,and I am not upset about now legislature might pass that.I have my permit for almost 5 yrs and there will be no questions.Stay healthy,regards,johnpaul

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Just want to say that I have taken 5 Concealed Carry Classes over the years in person and just took the online one from Bearco and was really impressed with the detail set up of the class.

The shooting part was good too. Barret is a great instructor as many of you I'm sure already know.

I highly recommend his class.

Top Bottom