Constitutional Carry, passed the House of Representatives by a veto proof majority

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I didn't say last in the south. I said last as in your map still has like 20 other states before us.

I don't know why y'all are focusing on that specific comment when I called out the three individuals that flipped last time. I'm guessing nobody took the time to read that comment.
    I agree with the part about the 3 that flipped. It passed last time and was vetoed by Edwards. It’s not my map, but I think it shows we are a last holdout state.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Problem is that in Louisiana, passing with a veto-proof majority still isn't a guaranteed pass. If the Governor vetoes it or "pocket vetoes" it, the bill, even though it passed by a veto-proof majority, still has to go back to the legislature for them to vote on whether to override the veto.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    It didn't even get to the governor. Pulled because some amendments added by the senate, and the majority of the amendments pertained to CCW permits.
    Just another "let's blow smoke up their ass to show we tried"

The legislature does not want this to pass
    Not one of them wants to be blamed for the first incident, when a trigger happy ,not basic trained citizen, pulls the trigger and kills an innocent bystander.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I have gotten to a point where I dispise this state. I want to leave so bad but I am trapped. Anyone want to bet that Jeff Landry become a turn coat the moment he is elected.
    He already violated public information laws (1st amendment) hiding information about a member of his staff chasing a secretary around a desk!!! Got his backside handed to him in the State Supreme Court. Therefore I doubt he respects the 2nd Amendment!

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I have gotten to a point where I dispise this state. I want to leave so bad but I am trapped. Anyone want to bet that Jeff Landry become a turn coat the moment he is elected.
    I feel ya, I’m also currently trapped here. But one day we’ll get out, brother! Where do you want to go?

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    The thing that gets me is the criminals carry illegally with impunity and even if arrested do not do serious enough time for it to be a deterrent to not carry or use firearms to commit crimes while the rest of us pay the government for the God given right to defend ourselves and others. If it does pass the upside is criminals will no longer know which individual might be carrying and will defend themselves which should help even the playing field. Everyone should be allowed to carry all the time but anyone who commits any crime with a firearm should do long mandatory sentences. The way to curb gun crime is to make the penalty so harsh that criminals will start to think twice, maybe. Along with armed citizens we might be able to at least slow it down.

"Good guys with a gun is like the vaccine, They don't prevent the disease but they greatly reduce the severity" Gutfeld

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Huh? 323MAR I was unaware that was possible. With my VA ID and Veteran on my license I can open carry? That’s great info. Thank You!
    where have you been :deadhorse: ... any body can open carry has been that way for 25 or so years ...... lol thats what happend to the last effort for constitutional carry... it was gutted on the floor and added only veterans could have free constitution concealed carry, with a copy of there VA ID or VA stamp on LADL

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Huh? 323MAR I was unaware that was possible. With my VA ID and Veteran on my license I can open carry? That’s great info. Thank You!
    That was effective August 2022. You can carry concealed with your VA ID and "Veteran" on your DL or State ID. Anyone who is not a felon can open carry.

Top Bottom