Constitutional Carry, passed the House of Representatives by a veto proof majority

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Last time we was going to get it it was got gutted and change to veterans only on the floor…. It was approved…. We have a much higher majority yeas now, Plus there’s not much more they can gut it and change it to… Im hoping this time is for a win for all of us

One other part John Bell Edwards is on the way out so you don’t have to worry about years of retaliation or favors from him if you don’t side with him..

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    So... if HB234 is passed & signed after Aug 1, 2023, when would it take effect?
    My CCW expires in December and I'd much rather pay the $25, than the $125!

That's another $100 for . . . . stuff!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    So... if HB234 is passed & signed after Aug 1, 2023, when would it take effect?
    My CCW expires in December and I'd much rather pay the $25, than the $125!

That's another $100 for . . . . stuff!
    what would you be paying $25 for if it is passed... it will all be free with an optional 2 hour online course from the LASP, unless i miss understood the bill

12 "§1379.3.4. Louisiana permitless carry

13 * * * 14 B. The purpose of this online education course is to educate the public on 15 firearm safety and use. The course is optional and shall not be a requirement for 16 obtaining a concealed handgun permit under R.S. 40:1379.3 or for carrying a firearm 17 pursuant to R.S. 14:95(M). Completion of this course shall not grant any person the 18 right to carry a concealed handgun unless otherwise provided by law.

"§1379.3.3. Louisiana Firearm Safety Awareness

Act 15 * * * 16 B. The Department of Public Safety and Corrections, office of state police, 17 shall provide a two-hour two hour and fifteen-minute online handgun education 18 course at no cost to Louisiana residents.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I think HB234 is to lower the fees associated with a concealed permit

IBWP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Monroe, LA
    I heard a rumor that the Governor could sit on it until legislators were no longer in session, then veto it when nobody was in town to override.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Ok I'm a dummy. I haven't kept up with possible new laws for CC. If CC passes will people 21 or over be able to CC everywhere someone with a CHP can now? Or will there still be places they can't CC?

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    So my question is, my wife just took her CCP class like 2 months ago, would she still have to take a course? And if this does pass, does that mean we can all CC in all the freedom loving states as long as they honor constitutional carry? I just renewed my CCP when she did her class because we went out of state for vacation even though I’m a Veteran and now don’t need it here…. I’m just tired of carrying around this dumb card everywhere I go when it’s my God givin right! And having to pay some slap nuts goofy dudes over $100 just to say I went through a class to learn the same thing I can on the internet is ridiculous…. Ok I’m done…. Roflol

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    SO many deputies have said they dont want this, I am surprised at the pushback..
    The ones that don’t support it are tyrants and enemies to the people. They are the ones you see posted on YouTube videos abusing power and the reason why the majority of Americans can’t stand law enforcement. That thin blue line just keeps getting thinner and thinner…

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    So my question is, my wife just took her CCP class like 2 months ago, would she still have to take a course? And if this does pass, does that mean we can all CC in all the freedom loving states as long as they honor constitutional carry? I just renewed my CCP when she did her class because we went out of state for vacation even though I’m a Veteran and now don’t need it here…. I’m just tired of carrying around this dumb card everywhere I go when it’s my God givin right! And having to pay some slap nuts goofy dudes over $100 just to say I went through a class to learn the same thing I can on the internet is ridiculous…. Ok I’m done…. Roflol
    I've been carrying my CHP since they started in the 90's. It doesn't weight anymore that my DL. I have my CHP and I'm a Vet.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

A Senate committee advanced a bill, 4-1, that would allow permitless
    concealed carry for residents over 21.

The committee amended the bill to change the age requirement for carrying concealed firearms without obtaining a permit or training to 21 from 18.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I get "shall not be infringed", but thoughts on idiots (not criminals, but folks with short fuses, guys who think their dicks just got bigger, etc...) who probably shouldn't be carrying, and haven't, because they obey the law? But if they can legally carry, they will, but they will probably cause problems, possibly lethal ones.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Rumor has it that Gov John Bell Edwards will not sign it. Not reliable info, that's what makes it a rumor. We'll see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom