Constitutional Carry, passed the House of Representatives by a veto proof majority

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Can someone? Anyone? Explain to me how the Constitutional Carry issue is about Race?

I get the "democrat" ideological non-sense: "Let's take away the citizenry's Right to defend themselves and make them slaves to the government!"

But how in the hell is this a black / white issue?

The vote in the House: 71 Yeas / 29 Nays

Democrats against: 26
    Black Democrats against: 24

How does this not p*ss off law abiding black citizens as much as it does me? Forget the ideological crap; these black politicians are essentially saying that law abiding black citizens are too stupid to protect themselves with guns, and they (black citizens), don't deserve the protections from the same US Constitution like everyone else!

I just don't get it!

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Can someone? Anyone? Explain to me how the Constitutional Carry issue is about Race?

I get the "democrat" ideological non-sense: "Let's take away the citizenry's Right to defend themselves and make them slaves to the government!"

How does this not p*ss off law abiding black citizens as much as it does me? Forget the ideological crap; these black politicians are essentially saying that law abiding black citizens are too stupid to protect themselves with guns, and they (black citizens), don't deserve the protections from the same US Constitution like everyone else!

I just don't get it!
    $?

Niwsbuc

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    1) Is there anything in place for “reciprocity “ among Constitutional Carry states?
    2) Would Constitutional Carry void Louisiana Concealed Carry permits and the systems in place for management?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    1) Is there anything in place for “reciprocity “ among Constitutional Carry states?
    2) Would Constitutional Carry void Louisiana Concealed Carry permits and the systems in place for management?

as far as i understand it, no it will still be available, and individuals/instructors can still give class, not sure how that will tie in to the new proposed free 2.5 hour class on the LSP website that wont be required.... If constitution carry passes i dont see the purpose of chp being financial beneficial to the state to remain open after say 4-5 years with drastic drop in applications/fee/revenue and eventually being cut in a few years... But i havent followed to see what the other states are doing i think they still have the standard CHP system in place

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Does there need to be CC "reciprocity"? Doesn't it, by definition, allow anyone in the state legally able to own a firearm able to conceal carry? Or is it just residents?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I just don't get it!

Well they were stupid enough to vote for them so they will believe them

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    Does there need to be CC "reciprocity"? Doesn't it, by definition, allow anyone in the state legally able to own a firearm able to conceal carry? Or is it just residents?
    Reciprocity applies to states recognizing other states' PERMITS only, that is, having a recognized reciprocal permit provides the same guidelines. In some states permit allows carry in more places or some other greater latitudes of operation.

It should also be noted that the FEDERAL School Zone 1000ft restrictions apply to anyone UNLESS they have a "state issued permit" and the state allows CCW carry within that zone. Constitutional Carry laws DO NOT provide this "exemption" in school zones.

Some states limit reciprocity to states that issue under certain restrictions (age for one, I believe) so broadening the scope of CCW can negatively impact this reciprocity agreement between some states. Some states also remove some restrictions for CCW such as carry where alcohol is served, that non-permitted aren't "favored" with.

Louisiana's pending Constitutional Carry bill will not provide the "school zone" allowance described above. It will allow anyone (not prohibited from owning/carrying a gun under federal laws) to carry concealed ~ I believe this will also include NON-residents. It will CONTINUE the CCW program for anyone wanting a permit (important for the above reasons of Reciprocity and School Zones).

I've not recently researched each of the above statements, but I am reasonably sure I am correct on them. Do your own source checks.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Reciprocity applies to states recognizing other states' PERMITS only, that is, having a recognized reciprocal permit provides the same guidelines. In some states permit allows carry in more places or some other greater latitudes of operation.

It should also be noted that the FEDERAL School Zone 1000ft restrictions apply to anyone UNLESS they have a "state issued permit" and the state allows CCW carry within that zone. Constitutional Carry laws DO NOT provide this "exemption" in school zones.

Some states limit reciprocity to states that issue under certain restrictions (age for one, I believe) so broadening the scope of CCW can negatively impact this reciprocity agreement between some states. Some states also remove some restrictions for CCW such as carry where alcohol is served, that non-permitted aren't "favored" with.

Louisiana's pending Constitutional Carry bill will not provide the "school zone" allowance described above. It will allow anyone (not prohibited from owning/carrying a gun under federal laws) to carry concealed ~ I believe this will also include NON-residents. It will CONTINUE the CCW program for anyone wanting a permit (important for the above reasons of Reciprocity and School Zones).

I've not recently researched each of the above statements, but I am reasonably sure I am correct on them. Do your own source checks.
    For that situation to apply to me is slim and none, The same thousand feet does not apply if you were passing by in a vehicle, You can concealed carry on your person inside your vehicle, I don’t plan on walking within 1000 foot of a school anyway… i’ll take the constitutional carry free every day over tax Paid and information given if I had the option

And almost any state you can drive to within 15 hours has Constitutional carry anything else you would need your permit, but I’m sure that would be subject to change as more states begin to adopt it

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Don't know who is putting this info out there about Edwards signing it if it gets to him, but it sounds fishy. I am going to remain optimistically suspicious.

Let me preface the following statement by saying, I do not believe this is a controversial Bill. It is OUR RIGHT, and should have been done long ago.

Nonetheless, if it is bypassing a (any), Committee; that is a good sign! Committees and Governors are a controversial Bills worst enemies!
    Dang straight it’s fishy. That old catfish just wants to see it on his desk again before this term is up so he can veto it again. Occam’s razor.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It’s so funny that people are excited about it passing, thinking it will become law…..just go take y’all’s classes and pay the stupid little fee……

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    For that situation to apply to me is slim and none, The same thousand feet does not apply if you were passing by in a vehicle, You can concealed carry on your person inside your vehicle, I don’t plan on walking within 1000 foot of a school anyway… i’ll take the constitutional carry free every day over tax Paid and information given if I had the option

And almost any state you can drive to within 15 hours has Constitutional carry anything else you would need your permit, but I’m sure that would be subject to change as more states begin to adopt it
    You are NOT exempt "driving through" the School Gun Free Zone according to Tom Grieve, a lawyer recognized as an expert in 2A law. Don't shoot the messenger, but here are two YouTube clips explaining this: the first is his longer explanation on his own channel, and the second is one he did for USCCA.

The BIGGEST Legal Trap For Gun Owners EVER?!

You Won't Believe This Sneaky TRAP That Gun Owners Face With Constitutional Carry!

You'll find that even -driving through the GFZ/SchoolZone puts you in violation if you don't have a CCW issued By That State! Apparently, even "reciprocity ccw" is no protection (I think).

But hey, you do you.

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    You are NOT exempt "driving through" the School Gun Free Zone according to Tom Grieve, a lawyer recognized as an expert in 2A law. Don't shoot the messenger, but here are two YouTube clips explaining this: the first is his longer explanation on his own channel, and the second is one he did for USCCA.

You Won't Believe This Sneaky TRAP That Gun Owners Face With Constitutional Carry!

You'll find that even -driving through the GFZ/SchoolZone puts you in violation if you don't have a CCW issued By That State! Apparently, even "reciprocity ccw" is no protection (I think).

But hey, you do you.

Without a CCW, you DO have one "LEGAL solution" ... You can lock the gun, unloaded, in the trunk or in a rack each time before entering the GFZ. (Yeah, like that is going to happen!)

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    That might be one of the stupid Louisiana laws thats still on the books that they never enforced… unless an officer is trying to throw the book at somebody who is caught with a DUI or drug charges inside a school zone and wants to get them for everything they can…

I’ve never heard of one situation of those charges being filed or even one on the books…

You cannot leave the house and drive 10 minutes in any direction and not run into a school zone let alone 1000 ft of one… furthermore if they really wanted to they could sit at a school zone every hunting season and pull over every 4 x 4 truck, truck with a 4 wheeler in the back or truck with a hunting/fishing boat and fill the jail cells up lol..

What about the people who live within 1000 foot of a school they can’t even walk out their house and put a gun in the car and leave without going to jail for a felony lol let along dive down there road..

Everybody needs an excuse for something but this law would not be the excuse for me to continue to pay for concealed handgun permit, now the convenience of the Nics background check is a plus but that’s about it.. We travel often but alwasy drive and never to the blue states and usually within 15-20 hours of the house… as of 2023 I’m pretty much good and the map is growing every year with recognizing Constitutional carry…

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That might be one of the stupid Louisiana laws thats still on the books that they never enforced… unless an officer is trying to throw the book at somebody who is caught with a DUI or drug charges inside a school zone and wants to get them for everything they can…

I’ve never heard of one situation of those charges being filed or even one on the books…

You cannot leave the house and drive 10 minutes in any direction and not run into a school zone let alone 1000 ft of one… furthermore if they really wanted to they could sit at a school zone every hunting season and pull over every 4 x 4 truck, truck with a 4 wheeler in the back or truck with a hunting/fishing boat and fill the jail cells up lol..

What about the people who live within 1000 foot of a school they can’t even walk out their house and put a gun in the car and leave without going to jail for a felony lol let along dive down there road..

Everybody needs an excuse for something but this law would not be the excuse for me to continue to pay for concealed handgun permit, now the convenience of the Nics background check is a plus but that’s about it.. We travel often but alwasy drive and never to the blue states and usually within 15-20 hours of the house… as of 2023 I’m pretty much good and the map is growing every year with recognizing Constitutional carry…
    (4) The possession of a firearm occurring within one thousand feet of school property and entirely on private property, or entirely within a private residence.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

But hey, you do you.

I think there’s a difference in “carry” of a firearm (even to do with school gun free zones) and simply having one in the car. I’m not saying you’d be in the clear if you parked on school property with a pistol in the glove compartment, but I’m pretty sure driving past a school is covered unless you stop and get out with the gun on your person. Here in Louisiana we don’t have constitutional carry but it is legal to have a gun in your car without a “CCW issued by that state”
    People make one big mistake when watching these vids by failing to realize, most times the person (attorney or otherwise) is referring to whatever state they’re in. Most times they do mention to “check your local laws” or “state laws may vary”.
    All in all, getting legal advice from YouTube is prolly not the best idea.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom