Coolers Better Than Yeti

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I do hope you are all doing what I did and contacting Yetti and letting them know how you feel . If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem and not letting our collective voices be heard is definitely one reason the second is under attack from all sides .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Wait...

You want me to call a business and tell them I don't like their political stance?

If you owned a business and constantly got calls from libtards saying they hate you for supporting the NRA, would you be okay with that?

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Wait...

You want me to call a business and tell them I don't like their political stance?

If you owned a business and constantly got calls from libtards saying they hate you for supporting the NRA, would you be okay with that?
    I could see this being a correct statement if they never supported or marketed to the "NRA" or their supporters..... most of their consumer base are sportsmen. It's be like shimano saying that they are going to stand by the principals of PETA, and will no longer be supporting Fishing. I believe that a business has the right to place and pull political support how ever they see fit, but if you're ready to make a political statement by pulling support, you should be ready to hear from all of your consumers on how that political decision will affect your bottom line.. ie profits/sales.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I could see this being a correct statement if they never supported or marketed to the "NRA" or their supporters..... most of their consumer base are sportsmen. It's be like shimano saying that they are going to stand by the principals of PETA, and will no longer be supporting Fishing. I believe that a business has the right to place and pull political support how ever they see fit, but if you're ready to make a political statement by pulling support, you should be ready to hear from all of your consumers on how that political decision will affect your bottom line.. ie profits/sales.

I know of many sportsmen that use YETI coolers and don't care if they support the NRA or not. It's not called the National Fishing Association. You don't throw rifles on ice. While many fisherman in Louisiana also hunt, they are not the entire market. Hell, the majority of sportsmen in Louisiana don't even use social media, so they will end up hearing about this 2 years from now when someone brings it up in the bait shop.

I don't care what YETI does or doesn't do, I just think announcing that you now longer support the NRA is a publicity stunt.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Exactly. And with any sort of promotion, a business would likely want feedback on its impact.

If they want feedback, then going all threeper herp derp and letting them know how you feel is exactly what they want.... Or you can just ignore them and not buy their products.

Want to know how you put YETI out of business? Buy their competition's products.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I know of many sportsmen that use YETI coolers and don't care if they support the NRA or not. It's not called the National Fishing Association. You don't throw rifles on ice. While many fisherman in Louisiana also hunt, they are not the entire market. Hell, the majority of sportsmen in Louisiana don't even use social media, so they will end up hearing about this 2 years from now when someone brings it up in the bait shop.

I don't care what YETI does or doesn't do, I just think announcing that you now longer support the NRA is a publicity stunt.

Actually, They do http://www.bayoubucks.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=87230

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If they want feedback, then going all threeper herp derp and letting them know how you feel is exactly what they want.... Or you can just ignore them and not buy their products.

Want to know how you put YETI out of business? Buy their competition's products.

Now you're getting it. Calling them now and buying the competition's products provides instant feedback and long term impact. It establishes a potential causation rather than a simple correlation.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Wait...

How do you think that Yeti made that decision? Robo-calls from the libtard community.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

To further prove my point, the avid fishermen I know, including charter fishermen, don't go on internet forums.

How do you think that Yeti made that decision? Robo-calls from the libtard community.

Good for them.

I don't have the drive to waste my breath calling an ice chest company about their political views. Even more so when there is a quality cooler company local to me.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Wait...

If there were enough identifiable customers saying they will no longer support my business, whatever the issue, I would probably take that into consideration. Any smart business would. I think many of these businesses think that they will get more sales from the vocal left, based on their stance . I wonder which side has more spending power? I'd love to their WENUS and TPS reports in the next year or so. :dogkeke:

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    If there were enough identifiable customers saying they will no longer support my business, whatever the issue, I would probably take that into consideration. Any smart business would. I think many of these businesses think that they will get more sales from the vocal left, based on their stance . I wonder which side has more spending power? I'd love to their WENUS and TPS reports in the next year or so. :dogkeke:

I would agree with you if we were talking about the local mom and pop shop. YETI is slightly larger than that.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I would agree with you if we were talking about the local mom and pop shop. YETI is slightly larger than that.

Meh, most corporate weasels do not like negative feedback in any way, especially if it is organized and en masse, and/or goes against their major purchasing base. I don't imagine there's actually a huge demand for YETI coolers within the protesting crowd, unless Bloomberg is buying them for all his friends.

Some privately held companies, think Chick-fil-a, don't give a crap, but there is often even pressure within those companies not to take a stand on hot-button issues.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I’m a huge fan of the Ozark Trail Tumblers at Walmart. They’re a fractuon of the cost of others but have similar performance.

I did learn the hard way with ice chests though: If you’re buying one of the cheaper (mass produced Chinese), it’s a good idea to do the flashlight test. Use your phone’s light on the inside of the cooler. Watching the outside, move it around and look for voids (bright spots) in the insulation. I got the Igloo roto-molded from Sam’s. It was a great deal, it had a void the size of a tennis ball. Sam’s let me swap it out. I did the light test in the store and got a good one.
    Thanks for that tip.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m a huge fan of the Ozark Trail Tumblers at Walmart. They’re a fractuon of the cost of others but have similar performance.

I did learn the hard way with ice chests though: If you’re buying one of the cheaper (mass produced Chinese), it’s a good idea to do the flashlight test. Use your phone’s light on the inside of the cooler. Watching the outside, move it around and look for voids (bright spots) in the insulation. I got the Igloo roto-molded from Sam’s. It was a great deal, it had a void the size of a tennis ball. Sam’s let me swap it out. I did the light test in the store and got a good one.

Thanks for the tip, that will come in handy. I also use my ozark tumblers over my yeti and rtic most of the time. They are a lot cheaper, do the same thing, and I’m not sick when I leave one at someone’s house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

Attachments

• vw_camper_van_cooler_1.jpg
      vw_camper_van_cooler_1.jpg
      152.1 KB · Views: 96

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well, I think these companies want my money...I am actually in the market for a cooler to bring to the beach next month. Need to hold beer all day for 3 to 5 people. Any recommendations, people in the know?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Well, I think these companies want my money...I am actually in the market for a cooler to bring to the beach next month. Need to hold beer all day for 3 to 5 people. Any recommendations, people in the know?

Any of the ones talked about here will keep ice for at least a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom