COVID VAX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    So, can anyone explain to me an ACTUAL reason why ANYONE's decision to not get the vaccine is wrong?

Wouldn't it be THEIR OWN health at risk? And before you say "What about others who haven't been Vax'd", isn't that THEIR OWN decision as well??????

How about some facts for the Vax'd... Yellow Fever for instance... From 2000 to 2013, more than 1,100 laboratory-confirmed cases were reported in the US. Hasn't EVERYONE been vaccinated for yellow fever?????? Don't like that one? Lets take typhoid fever... the CDC estimates typhoid fever affects 5,700 people in the United States each year... Smallpox.. sure, its "gone", but only as of 1949, the vaccine was developed in 1798. Or Anthrax... last cases in 2019 and the only way to control it spreading to humans is to stop it from spreading through livestock. Since 1979, no cases of polio have ORIGINATED in the U.S. with the vaccine being developed in 1952... so it took more than 20 years to stop it from ORIGINATING in the US. As of August 6, 2021, we still had two cases of measles confirmed in the US... in 2019, 1282 cases were reported.

ALL of these still exist worldwide by the way.

There is NO SUCH THING as 100% immunity or defeating the virus completely, or as history has shown us, it will be another 20+ years before it doesn't appear or originate IN THE US anyway. As we can see with the additional Variants that have popped up... now the Lambda? So, if someone doesn't get the Vax, and they get sick... its on them... FREEDOM. So HOW are they endangering anyone who has also made a choice NOT to get Vax'd???

Since those Vax'd can STILL TRANSMIT the virus... I would assume its so that those who have gotten it don't have to be inconvenienced with wearing a mask or washing their hands... maybe some hand sanitizer... or hell... LIVE DIRTY and spread it for all I care! It's still on those that decide NOT to get it! Maybe more people will once they remove the "EXPERIMENTAL" tag from it.

All of the Vaccines available for a multitude of diseases in the world... and PARENTS can still decide NOT to have their children Vaccinated. Of course there are repercussions to that, like having to home school your children... but its not MANDATORY!!!

Anyone? Bueller?

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    There are two reasons: fear and/or selfishness.

Fear... of the unknown, of the rumors, of becoming magnetic, of your dick falling off, of the government cloning your DNA into a pedophile pizza, or just of needles.

Selfishness... by thinking that the vaccine is about themselves. It's not. It's about their parents and neighbors and local business owners. Remember that "herd immunity" thing all these people were hot n frothy about when Trump said it? That's precisely what the vaccine does. Choosing not to stop the spread of the virus is putting yourself ahead of your family and the economy. This current round of mask mandates and entry requirements is entirely the fault of people being too selfish to get a jab.

---

BTW, if you're one of the people that's afraid and are being hard and tough on here to overcompensate for that, just drive to a CVS or Walgreens in another town and get your jab. Don't tell anyone, pretend you didn't, nobody has to know. You can still be tough and macho. But you'll sleep better at night, because whether you're blue or red or purple nobody wants to get sick no matter how hardcore they are or who they vote for. Nobody has to know.

Last edited:

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    There are two reasons: fear and/or selfishness.

Fear... of the unknown, of the rumors, of becoming magnetic, of your dick falling off, of the government cloning your DNA into a pedophile pizza, or just of needles.

Selfishness... by thinking that the vaccine is about themselves. It's not. It's about their parents and neighbors and local business owners. Remember that "herd immunity" thing all these people were hot n frothy about when Trump said it? That's precisely what the vaccine does. Choosing not to stop the spread of the virus is putting yourself ahead of your family and the economy.

---

BTW, if you're one of the people that's afraid and are being hard and tough on here to overcompensate for that, just drive to a CVS or Walgreens in another town and get your jab. Don't tell anyone, pretend you didn't, nobody has to know. You can still be tough and macho. But you'll sleep better at night, because whether you're blue or red or purple nobody wants to get sick no matter how hardcore they are or who they vote for. Nobody has to know.

Well BOTH of those answers are pure ********. Lets discuss shall we?

Fear? I think EVERYONE should be afraid... oh just get this cure all vaccine that was created in record time for something VERY close to the common cold that we have YET to develop a vaccine for??? please. Like I said, take the "Experimental" off of it first. If you GOT the vaccine, you got it because you're a sheep and AFRAID... so keep that to yourself.

As for Selfishness... HOW is ANYONE putting their parents and neighbors and local business owners at risk??? wait, did THEY Choose not to get the vaccine???? So if they got it, HOW are they then at risk???? The ONLY person(s) being affected by ANYONE choosing NOT to get the vaccine are THEMSELVES CHOOSING NOT TO GET IT ALSO! So don't they have the RIGHT to Choose???? As we all should????

Are they all selfish if they don't get their flu shot every year also? 61,000 people died from the flu from 2017-2018 alone!!! I'd put that one away too if I were you.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    My bad I thought you wanted an actual answer. Forgot it was BayouShooter for a sec.

You should totally write all of your comments with that amount of caps lock and question marks from now on, it makes you extra intelligent and persuasive.

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    My bad I thought you wanted an actual answer. Forgot it was BayouShooter for a sec.

You should totally write all of your comments with that amount of caps lock and question marks from now on, it makes you extra intelligent and persuasive.

Wow... SCATHING response. Intelligence at its best. So... then no rebuttal? No REAL answer other than what you follow in the media? I've quoted FACTS and STATISTICS. Your best response is "Because its the right thing to do"?

Thanks for the input. Move along sheep.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Oh how cute, the guy that doesn't want to be told what to do telling people what to do. I think I'll just stick around some more for fun. Wheeee!!!

giphy.gif

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Oh how cute, the guy that doesn't want to be told what to do telling people what to do. I think I'll just stick around some more for fun. Wheeee!!!

giphy.gif

How is what I said in ANY way telling people what to do? I am saying let people make their own decision. Yet again, no actual response. Enlighten us genius on how it's selfish? Why are all these victims that are not being thought of not vaccinated? Who also by the way can still spread it apparently! Grown ass people can make grown ass decisions. You keep watching the media and follow along like a good boy. It's YOUR RIGHT TO DO SO.... for now. You just can't go anywhere without proving it. Nice NOLA!

I mean, good for you... you apparently got it... so like a good little boy, great job! Like I said, it is still your right and choice to do so!

Last edited:

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I think there is less chance of dying if you get the shots.

That may very well be... but still, it should be the individual's choice to get it or not. If they die, that's the choice they made! Correct?

FYI, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't... As of July 21, 2021, the CDC's website stated through July 19, 2021, there were 6,207 reports of deaths of people that received the Vaccine. So you're rolling the dice either way.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Who said anything about telling people what to do or not having choices? Shove a pineapple up your ass and light your hair on fire if you want, doesn't make a difference to me.

I was trying to explain why people choose not to get the shots. I'm not saying they're wrong if they don't want one, just suggesting that they're dumb because they're making this all go on for longer, which is messing up the economy I thoroughly enjoy participating in.

I mean.... "baaaaaaa"

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Who said anything about telling people what to do or not having choices? Shove a pineapple up your ass and light your hair on fire if you want, doesn't make a difference to me.

I was trying to explain why people choose not to get the shots. I'm not saying they're wrong if they don't want one, just suggesting that they're dumb because they're making this all go on for longer, which is messing up the economy I thoroughly enjoy participating in.

I mean.... "baaaaaaa"

So all I am saying is that it should be everyone's choice to get it or not. If the city was 98% vaccinated and there were still 2% out there that didn't, do you really think they would shut down the economy for those 2%?

Lets do a quick comparison.... according to John's Hopkins... the fatality rate of the virus in the US is 1.7 in 36,306,724. Your chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 13,983,816... so you have a BETTER CHANCE of winning the lottery than dying from the virus.

I don't see the need for the panic... the fear... or how it is considered "selfish". I am merely quoting statistics and fact as I said above. It should be the right of the people to get or not get it... they shouldn't be threatened or pressured or called "selfish" by choosing not to get it. I COMPLETELY disagree with having to show PROOF of any medical history or vaccine status with some universal passport style card. Everyone is SO quick to throw their rights in the trash it's ridiculous.

Nowhere in the constitution does it say "be a good little boy and do exactly what we tell you because we know better than you do on how to care for yourself and your family." Wait until they start coming to houses with Child welfare and taking kids because their parents are recklessly putting them at risk by not getting them the vaccine. The teachers are worried about catching the virus, so lets vaccinate all of the children INSTEAD of the teachers???? This country is upside down and ass backwards at the moment and THAT scares the **** out of me... a lot more than any virus ever would.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    I recently got the shot and for reasons that I came to by my own influence.
    I'm not one to put much faith in man, although I do pay attention and utilize what's available and try to be a positive contributor towards society.
    In this case where covid is involved, I had to ask myself, " do I want to put a little faith in man and technology now BEFORE I'm in the hospital OR lay it all on the line and have nothing but faith in man and technology AFTER I got it and am laying there all hooked up to machines unable to be by my family.
    That and I feel it's a positive contribution towards society, because if it helps. Why the F not do it.
    To each his/her own and I will never judge anyone for their own decision.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You know it’s serious when the “sheep” comments start flying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    #Novax for me!!! Lol

Ain’t telling nobody they should or shouldn’t get it I think everybody should do there on research, and make an educated decision based on that but don’t tell me what I should and shouldn’t do either

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    It's a personal decision what someone does to their body. Does anybody else think it is a little funny that this is the same argument the abortion people use.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I do not even remember how many vaccines I was given within the first 72 hours of Marine Corps boot camp and how many I was given before an overseas deployment. There were no permanent side effects.

I got my second Pfizer shot in early March at the Veterans Administration Hospital on Tulane Ave(If you think there was any wrong with serving as a Marine and going to the VA Hospital, then you can go to Hell.) I am tested every week and have never caught the virus. I have absolutely no side effects from the vaccine. If this Marine who went to war is a sheep, then the entire country are sheep!

If you choose to pass on a vaccine, then you need to have the moral courage to accept the consequences of your actions. In other words, use your natural immunity and do not burden the already overrun hospital system. If you make your bunk, then you have to hit the rack!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I do not even remember how many vaccines I was given within the first 72 hours of Marine Corps boot camp and how many I was given before an overseas deployment. There were no permanent side effects.

I got my second Pfizer shot in early March at the Veterans Administration Hospital on Tulane Ave(If you think there was any wrong with serving as a Marine and going to the VA Hospital, then you can go to Hell.) I am tested every week and have never caught the virus. I have absolutely no side effects from the vaccine. If this Marine who went to war is a sheep, then the entire country are sheep!

If you choose to pass on a vaccine, then you need to have the moral courage to accept the consequences of your actions. In other words, use your natural immunity and do not burden the already overrun hospital system. If you make your bunk, then you have to hit the rack!

i agree with that to some point... you not sheep, and thanks for your service... you did somthing i didnt do...
    butttt... if all the vax'ed people dont need medical anymore becasue they are vax'ed... then why cant the un vax'ed get medical help? if anything they just putting money back into the system and utilizing the ins. that they pay for... just saying...

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you GOT the vaccine, you got it because you're a sheep and AFRAID... so keep that to yourself.

It should be the right of the people to get or not get it... they shouldn't be threatened or pressured or called "selfish" by choosing not to get it.

So everyone should have the right to make their own decision. And if they decide to not get it, it's wrong to threaten or pressure them or call them names. But if they decide to get it, calling them names is ok.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom