Crawfish Galore

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Well, I picked up the crawfish yesterday and was excited to be getting some really nice sized ones but when I got home and dumped them into the tub to rinse them off I was somewhat disappointed to see they were on the smaller size than I expected. Now I was still glad to be having them but would have liked them to be a little larger.

While I was getting things ready Red was guarding my Abita Turbodog for me.
    DSC01807.jpg

And he's really serious about ANYONE touching my beer.
    DSC01810.jpg

A word of warning, don't leave the live crawfish unattended for too long. I walked down the driveway and was talking with my son in law out front and when I came back into the yard about a hundred of those crawfish must have found out what was awaiting their soon to be fate.

DSC01814.jpg

Had the seasoned water going with a nice rolling boil and it was almost time for the first batch to go in.
    DSC01816.jpg

Red was so excited that he was doing headstands. Maybe it was the Turbodog!
    DSC01805.jpg

Into the pot they go along with some baby creamer potatoes, mushrooms, green beans and okra. Oh, I always put halved lemons in there but when I have oranges on the tree I put a bunch of those in there too. I love that citrus flavor in there!
    DSC01819.jpg

Something else I tried this time was I put a hunk of pork loin at the beginning of the boiling in the pot to cook. After the second boil I took it out to cool and put it in the fridge until later today. I'll post something later on how that came out.

The crawfish came out good and spicy delicious! Yes, we had some leftover that we sat and peeled for a good crawfish etouffe' another day.
    DSC01822.jpg

I can't wait for the next boil!

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yeah, we picked up some last night and I have to say they were pretty small. If they were not as good as they were I would have been disappointed. Is everone seeing small ones out there? We had some about a month ago and they were not small.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Looks great however;Heck with the Crawfish!

I'm more interested in the pork loin, hell I can get good crawfish anywhere...lol

Now good pork loin, that's another story:}

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I had to come in to work today and didn't try it yet. My wife had some for lunch and said it was pretty darn good. Now, it doesn't look great. Looks like a hunk of plain meat but the flavor is on the inside. I'll have some when I get home later.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Enlighten me. I've never seen that.

Just another one of 'Dem Tangs', ingredient wise. Like most other reasons to add acidic fruits, the acid in the fruit helps break down the meat making it more tender. Or so that is the intenet usually.

Sort of like Lemon on Fish though, some folks just like it that way.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    We always put oranges in ours.... Try Carrots next time..... i know, sounds weird but they are amazing. We try throwing stuff in the pot just to try it...

Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    we always rip the label off a can of artichoke hearts, and poke some holes in the can and drop it in the boil as well..
    talk about good....

Anyone ever crack raw eggs into the boil? crazy good...

Buck8Point

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom