CROSSBOWS ARE NOW LEGAL IN lA FOR ALL HUNTERS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    YIPPEEEE,ITS ABOUT TIME.....yIPPEEEEEE WE CAN HUNT W/A CROSSBOW......

bOBBY j IS HOOKIN A BROTHER UP !!!!!!!

bigdaddyb

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I called WLF enforcement yesterday. They confirmed that there will be no special crossbow season. Crossbows are now considered standard archery equipment. They can be used anytime during bow season.

Very cool!!

brianb

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I say Good and Badd.....I hope this allows those w/bad backs and other disabilities a chance to get in the woods and hunt.I hope it doesnt overcrowd our small wildlife areas w/hunters now..Crossbows are not what alot of people think.They still take practice and are not a simple point,shoot,stick in the closet till next hunt peice of equipment...They take tuning and proper adjustments just as a compound...If you dont have a good cocking system you w/not shoot much,LOL.its work to pull back 175 lbs w/your finger tips..LOL...
    Did you catch wind of the new muzzle loading laws also????

bigdaddyb

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I read a fax that my local 'outfitter' Tyner-Petrus hardware received. It detailed out the firearms that are considered 'primitive' vs. those considered modern.

Basically, if it's not an expensive antique, replica, or one of those H&R single shot rifles, it ain't legal. Contenders, Encores, Ruger #1', all the 'cool' single shot rifles, are considered 'modern'. The coolest of all, IMO, the Sharps is legal, but those ain't cheap.

brianb

P.S. I've been playing with a friend's crossbow lately. Man does it hurt to cock that thing with my fingers!!!

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Crossbows are one of those love them or hate them kinda deals...Its all in the cocking mechanism,lol,as you are finding out...A good cocker makes it very pleasant to shoot.
    Primitives are the pre 1900 era guns or replicas.The encore and cva and the kp1 are all pro 1900 so cannot be used...Ive been selling the h&r handi rifles as well as the Buffalo classic[thats my baby]..Im hand loading rounds for them know to see what they shoot most consistent....
    They range from 250.00 on up ,open sight or scopes can be put on them..very inexpensive.I like the 45-70,its BIGG,LOL......Makes me feel like a cowboy,LOL>..

Top Bottom