Crossbreed SuperTuck or Tucker "The Answer"?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Crossbreed Supertuck - 52.50 + 8.50 adjustable option + 4.50 S&H
    12 month warranty
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html
    st1.JPG

Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" - 125.00
    Lifetime guarantee
    http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html/answer.html
    rlcompanyusa_1914_0

Anyone have any experience with either of these holsters? Despite the price difference (2x), I'm still considering the Tucker holster. I believe I prefer the design of these to that of the CTAC since it's putting leather against your body and not kydex & your gun. The workmanship of the Tucker looks far superior but I like that the Crossbreed has more leather which, it seems, would be more comfortable...

Any other options for an adjustable IWB would be appreciated.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I dont know... cause I'm usin a generic leather IWB I got from high noon holsters for $25... I got the full size to hold my P220 before I got my G26, then I put my G26 in it and cut off the inch or so of extra leather off the bottom with some scissors. you dont have to have a $100 superholster...

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    If you're worried about the comfort you can always just go to Hobby Lobby and pick up some felt or something like that and apply it to the backing. That would stop that harsh kydex rub. Now, it won't give as much as the leather.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I wear a nice, soft, flexible belt from old navy that was $15. none of my friends in LEO wear superholsters and special gun belts either and we carry everyday, everywhere.

just my .02

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    I wear a nice, soft, flexible belt from old navy that was $15. none of my friends in LEO wear superholsters and special gun belts either and we carry everyday, everywhere.

just my .02

A good belt is a must. IMO the best holster in the world will suck without a belt that will support/ distribute the weight. It helps support the weight of the gun, increases all day comfort, and keeps the pistol butt closer to the body for better concealment. You don't have to spend alot for a decent one. Check out the wilderness belts if you untuck your shirt.

Spanky, I guarantee you will be alot happier with a dedicated gun belt than a common dress belt from Old Navy.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    sometimes mine does stick out from my body a bit, but I attribute that more to the way jeans are cut nowadays, they are alot lower, so instead of bein on my back its lower on the top of the butt. So... either I need to start wearin pants up to my chin... or just remember to make sure everything stays tucked away. typically I'll just tuck the tail of my shirt under the clip and it keeps it covered. If I need to draw it it just pulls out.

johngunguy

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    LEANDER, TEXAS
    My son and I both have Supertucker holsters for full sized pistols. His is for the 5" XD and mine is for the CZ75 B SS. Couldn't find a more comfortable holster for a big pistol at a better price.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    FWIW, I love my Supertuck but I did have to cut it a good bit to get a full grip but it is a subcompact 1911.

Also, I went with beltman.net for a belt and this thing is outstanding. Best belt I've ever owned.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    FWIW, I love my Supertuck but I did have to cut it a good bit to get a full grip but it is a subcompact 1911.

Also, I went with beltman.net for a belt and this thing is outstanding. Best belt I've ever owned.

Hah!! This is a duplicate of the thread I found by you somewhere else. I just ordered a CBST and already have a gun belt I bought years ago from Galls. I had to get the belt repaired it was pulled and stretched and the buckle loop was failing. Here is a note, I took it to Millitello's and for $12 his repair was to glue and stitch a 1/16" thick 2.5" long piece of leather on the underside where it folds over the buckle. Total carp. Didn't look until I got home. The next day I learned that Edgewood on Fla. is between work and the house so I went there even though I should have gone back and made him rework it, he prob would have charged more. When I picked it up from Edgewood he and snipped off the badly stretched piece and glued and sewn a new thicker piece of leather into the two sides of the belt and put new snaps, replacing the whole piece that was bad. All $4 LESS than the original inadequate repair. I highly recommend them. That's the first time I've been there for anything, but I'll definitely go back next time.

Oh and beltman.net is down for the count :p

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Hah!! This is a duplicate of the thread I found by you somewhere else. I just ordered a CBST and already have a gun belt I bought years ago from Galls. I had to get the belt repaired it was pulled and stretched and the buckle loop was failing. Here is a note, I took it to Millitello's and for $12 his repair was to glue and stitch a 1/16" thick 2.5" long piece of leather on the underside where it folds over the buckle. Total carp. Didn't look until I got home. The next day I learned that Edgewood on Fla. is between work and the house so I went there even though I should have gone back and made him rework it, he prob would have charged more. When I picked it up from Edgewood he and snipped off the badly stretched piece and glued and sewn a new thicker piece of leather into the two sides of the belt and put new snaps, replacing the whole piece that was bad. All $4 LESS than the original inadequate repair. I highly recommend them. That's the first time I've been there for anything, but I'll definitely go back next time.

Oh and beltman.net is down for the count :p
    Sorry, it's www.thebeltman.net

long story short, i had a crossbreed supertuck adjustable, liked it, got a comptac mtac, love it, threw the crossbreed into the back of the closet. :D

Top Bottom