CSI took half of my gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biscuit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2021
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I recently was held at gunpoint by an ex girlfriend and some guy I don’t know. It’s a long story but I got zip tied and beat around a bit. Eventually, I worked my self loose and had to take a ruger P89 from my lanky ex. During that process I beat her up pretty good including a large gushing bite wound on the fore arm of her gun hand. She bled all over my house. On the couch, the carpet and also on the lower half of a Taurus G2C that I was cleaning. When NOLAPD CSI got into the house they took that lower half of my 9 mm because it had blood spatter on it. That gun was not used in any of the crimes committed at my house that day by my ex girlfriend or her accomplice. Nor did I use it in any way that day. Now they are saying that I can’t have that lower half of my gun back until after the trial. My ex has not been apprehended yet( its been 8 weeks) and as far as I know she is 4 or more states away. She took almost every other gun i have so I really need that Taurus back so I can protect myself.every time I reach out to them I’m told not until after the trial. What if she is never caught? Do they just hold it forever? As I mentioned my couch amd
    My varpet had blood all over them as well but they didn’t take either of them. I’ve spoken with the ADA and the elective in charge of my case to no avail.
    How do I get them to return my property to me? I have a bill of sale for it and I
    Have never even shot the gun. I’m incredibly aggravated that the police stole from me after my ex cleaned me out. What should I do?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    In my experience it's easier to clean up all that blood before it dries. Hot water, a bucket and frequent water changes. Follow up with some oxiclean and you're done.

Sorry I can't help you with that lower. Blood will destroy the finish on a firearm fast. Probably best to just move on and get another gun.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It’s evidence, jurors love to see evidence. If you don’t want the DA to build the best possible case for your ex then you’re easiest bet is to drop charges. If you drop the charges I’m sure you will have your property returned. To word it as they “stole” from you is pretty crappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I applaud your intro.

The Police took your gun as evidence that she was there (blood), you are welcome that they did their job. Suck it up, buy a new gun, and make better relationship choices.

Or he could keep the couple he has for sale on here until he gets that one back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    One thing I have learned in my years....excessive and explicit details usually mean falsehoods. This reeks of Smollett.

Also, I have never once heard someone say NOLAPD, instead of NOPD. But we will let this one play out. I look forward to the rebuttal.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Looks like I needed this so popped a big batch and got the Large bags out

Attachments

• 20211222_201009.jpg
      20211222_201009.jpg