CSI took half of my gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lea

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    I don't know about cleaning the blood from your firearm, but I worked as a RN in the Emergency Dept at a couple of hospitals and Hydrogen Peroxide took blood out of my scrubs regularly.

jakemacz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    I recently was held at gunpoint by an ex girlfriend and some guy I don’t know. It’s a long story but I got zip tied and beat around a bit. Eventually, I worked my self loose and had to take a ruger P89 from my lanky ex. During that process I beat her up pretty good including a large gushing bite wound on the fore arm of her gun hand. She bled all over my house. On the couch, the carpet and also on the lower half of a Taurus G2C that I was cleaning. When NOLAPD CSI got into the house they took that lower half of my 9 mm because it had blood spatter on it. That gun was not used in any of the crimes committed at my house that day by my ex girlfriend or her accomplice. Nor did I use it in any way that day. Now they are saying that I can’t have that lower half of my gun back until after the trial. My ex has not been apprehended yet( its been 8 weeks) and as far as I know she is 4 or more states away. She took almost every other gun i have so I really need that Taurus back so I can protect myself.every time I reach out to them I’m told not until after the trial. What if she is never caught? Do they just hold it forever? As I mentioned my couch amd
    My varpet had blood all over them as well but they didn’t take either of them. I’ve spoken with the ADA and the elective in charge of my case to no avail.
    How do I get them to return my property to me? I have a bill of sale for it and I
    Have never even shot the gun. I’m incredibly aggravated that the police stole from me after my ex cleaned me out. What should I do?
    Your ex must be a real gem of a lady.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I don't know about cleaning the blood from your firearm, but I worked as a RN in the Emergency Dept at a couple of hospitals and Hydrogen Peroxide took blood out of my scrubs regularly.
    Oxiclean will do the same as your Peroxide with the benefit of detergents.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Let this be a lesson to bayoushooter members, never air your dirty laundry on here unless you like being made fun of and/or crucified.

I'm not sure how it shows that someone is banned with this program. They used to have a line drawn through their name with "banned" underneath. Apparently it's not doing that anymore.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I spoke with him today. He called the shop looking for a replacement G2C. Inquired about lowers.

He didn't sound kray kray on the phone.

Today was my last day, so I'll miss the pleasure of meeting him in person.

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I recently was held at gunpoint by an ex girlfriend and some guy I don’t know. It’s a long story but I got zip tied and beat around a bit. Eventually, I worked my self loose and had to take a ruger P89 from my lanky ex. During that process I beat her up pretty good including a large gushing bite wound on the fore arm of her gun hand. She bled all over my house. On the couch, the carpet and also on the lower half of a Taurus G2C that I was cleaning. When NOLAPD CSI got into the house they took that lower half of my 9 mm because it had blood spatter on it. That gun was not used in any of the crimes committed at my house that day by my ex girlfriend or her accomplice. Nor did I use it in any way that day. Now they are saying that I can’t have that lower half of my gun back until after the trial. My ex has not been apprehended yet( its been 8 weeks) and as far as I know she is 4 or more states away. She took almost every other gun i have so I really need that Taurus back so I can protect myself.every time I reach out to them I’m told not until after the trial. What if she is never caught? Do they just hold it forever? As I mentioned my couch amd
    My varpet had blood all over them as well but they didn’t take either of them. I’ve spoken with the ADA and the elective in charge of my case to no avail.
    How do I get them to return my property to me? I have a bill of sale for it and I
    Have never even shot the gun. I’m incredibly aggravated that the police stole from me after my ex cleaned me out. What should I do?
    Knowing NOPD, You're lucky you didn't get arrested and all your firearms confiscated (I remember Katrina).
    My best advice: Cut your losses and move out of Orleans Parish as fast and as far as you can. If you expect any kind of justice there, I'm afraid you may be expecting too much.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How could I have ever missed this little gem of a post? NOLAPD is not a thing. It's NOPD. There's no NOPD CSI unit. It's the Crime Lab unit. Nobody refers to it as CSI unless they've never dealt with the Crime Lab unit. And it's highly unlikely crime lab would collect the pistol lower. It's possible. Just not probable. Taking the movable object would only prove she was with the object. It does not prove she was in the house. They would need to take a photo of the object in the house to show that. In that case, they could just take a picture of the blood and swab the blood in several places. That eliminates the added steps required to collect and process the object.

Hotdogbun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2022
    Minden
    I recently was held at gunpoint by an ex girlfriend and some guy I don’t know. It’s a long story but I got zip tied and beat around a bit.
    Wow, and I thought that I had some crazy exes. Id consider losing the gun getting taken by the police a bargain compared to what else you could have lost that day (your life).

Top Bottom