Cut Off Range Complex

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Hi all,

Kenny Bossetta here from Meplat Group. I can finally put the rumors to rest. About an hour ago we purchased the former FTS Outdoors Range in Cut Off.

We plan to reopen it as the Cut Off Range Complex and it will be better than it ever was. To say that our plans are huge are an understatement.

We are trying to get it reopened for at least a few days a week in a few weeks with the wonderful Mr. Montie serving as our range officer. It will probably be day visits and cash only at first as we are building a sophisticated website for memberships and credit card payments.

I am planning for it to have country club levels of maintenance and cleanliness and range amenities that rival any range in the country.

Please follow our IG @cutoffrange for the latest info. I will be setting up our FB shortly, with at least a place marker website soon to follow.

We have a lot of ground to cover as we begin to mold this wonderful facility into the place we’ve been dreaming about. Thanks for your patience and We look forward to seeing you all there.

3a1e32d314df4cdf8158b2c66bf38ea0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmw69ss

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    covington
    Sounds like it will be a great range. Especially with you as a owner of it. If anyone don’t know Kenny is a great guy that runs a 1st class gun store that has a large selection of suppressors and can do all paper work, pictures for your transfer. He is an attorney also and can also do a trust for you. It’s a one stop shop operation. Congrats to you and looking forward to making a visit to the range.
    Barry

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    Excellent news. A great place already that will likely be turned into a regional, if not world class, center of shooting excellence. Plus Kenny won’t have to separate the steel case from the brass anymore! (Sarcasm font)

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Thanks to all!!! Yeah, I’ve actually been going out there with Joel and cleaning up every Saturday for the last month and change. On our first Saturday Joel and my nephew and I spent the whole day picking up brass—-mostly out of the drainage channel in front of the rifle range. We collected about 35 gallons worth. It was a mess.

We’ve since chopped down dozens of trees, sprayed hundreds of gallons of herbicide, spent thousands in grass cutting, and killed more wasps and spiders than I ever thought could exist.

I’m trying like hell to get it semi-open (few days each week, cash basis at first) by the first week in September. I wrote a novel of an email to my poor sign guy today outlining a bunch of signs I need. Should button up insurance, utilities, and business licenses this week (although I’m taking off and going gator hunting on Thursday). Ordering all new steel and target stands tomorrow—-going to scrap all the old stuff. Also ordering range radios and PA system tomorrow. Need to get some positive visual (rotating lights or similar) cues for cold range as well.

I’ve got a million things on the list and being a control freak makes it hard to open without all of them done but we will because it isn’t fair to people to keep it closed. Little **** like fresh paint and adding a vent to the outside bathroom (nothing worse than a blown up bathroom, I want to put in a vent that will suck the hat off your head) and getting the pro shop licensed and open, will happen over the coming months. Right now it is safety and usability first. Comfort and value added will come as we move forward.

My three to five year end game list for the place is pretty insane. This is a labor of love for me. The first time I pulled onto the property three years ago I was blown away. I was sad that it wasn’t mine. The stars aligned to put it in my hands and I’ve got the means to make it into something special so that’s the goal. Basically the same approach Mr. Eymard took when he built it. Everyone who goes on that range owes him a debt of gratitude because the cost to put those improvements in is prohibitive from a business standpoint.

I’ll keep you guys updated as we move forward. I don’t want to be the guy that talks a big game and doesn’t produce, because that ****’s lame. As I KNOW certain things are imminent, I’ll talk about them. I hope you all are excited about the possibilities. I know that I am.

Best,
    Kenny

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hi all,

Kenny Bossetta here from Meplat Group. I can finally put the rumors to rest. About an hour ago we purchased the former FTS Outdoors Range in Cut Off.

We plan to reopen it as the Cut Off Range Complex and it will be better than it ever was. To say that our plans are huge are an understatement.

We are trying to get it reopened for at least a few days a week in a few weeks with the wonderful Mr. Montie serving as our range officer. It will probably be day visits and cash only at first as we are building a sophisticated website for memberships and credit card payments.

I am planning for it to have country club levels of maintenance and cleanliness and range amenities that rival any range in the country.

Please follow our IG @cutoffrange for the latest info. I will be setting up our FB shortly, with at least a place marker website soon to follow.

We have a lot of ground to cover as we begin to mold this wonderful facility into the place we’ve been dreaming about. Thanks for your patience and We look forward to seeing you all there.

3a1e32d314df4cdf8158b2c66bf38ea0.jpg

Congratulations Kenny! I drove past FTS a few weeks ago while heading down to Grand Isle for a fishing trip and it had me wondering if it was still open.

Please let me know if/how BayouShooter can help with anything!

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Congratulations Kenny! I drove past FTS a few weeks ago while heading down to Grand Isle for a fishing trip and it had me wondering if it was still open.

Please let me know if/how BayouShooter can help with anything!

Will do buddy. Just slowly checking things off our list day by day. Today was a solid eight hours of range related emails and phone calls. Tomorrow dropping off checks for water and business licenses. Lots of vendor phone calls and interviewing potential staff. But we are getting it done.

But I am taking off Thursday to go alligator hunting with some friends on their lease. Should be a good time.

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Will Meplat work out of there as well? Will I be able to go there and start paper work for a suppressor...eventually?

Cut Off Range Complex will have its own FFL. We will have demo cans on suppressor hosts available for rental so you can try virtually any can we sell.

All suppressor sales will still happen at Meplat Group because it’s where I spend most of my time and I have my staff and livescan fingerprinting setup and printers, etc. However, once CORC has their FFL, Meplat customers who purchase cans will have the option (which must be decided on at the time of purchase) to either leave their cans at Meplat or have them sent to CORC. If you opt to send your can to CORC we will eF3 from Meplat to CORC and F4 from CORC to you. Since an eF3 only takes a day or so the added time to the process will be negligible, but then the can will be at CORC and available for you to use whenever you go. Keep in mind that when the F4 comes in, you will need to pick the can up at CORC.

ARROWBEE

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Thibodaux
    Congrats Kenny,

We haven't met yet but I can't wait to see what you're going to do with the place. I look forward to coming out and supporting you however I can.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Cut Off Range Complex will have its own FFL. We will have demo cans on suppressor hosts available for rental so you can try virtually any can we sell.

All suppressor sales will still happen at Meplat Group because it’s where I spend most of my time and I have my staff and livescan fingerprinting setup and printers, etc. However, once CORC has their FFL, Meplat customers who purchase cans will have the option (which must be decided on at the time of purchase) to either leave their cans at Meplat or have them sent to CORC. If you opt to send your can to CORC we will eF3 from Meplat to CORC and F4 from CORC to you. Since an eF3 only takes a day or so the added time to the process will be negligible, but then the can will be at CORC and available for you to use whenever you go. Keep in mind that when the F4 comes in, you will need to pick the can up at CORC.

It's like a conjugal visit while the can is in NFA jail.

BlueJay73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I'm afraid to ask, but how did y'all do regarding Hurricane Ida?
    I talked to someone who went to Cut Off post-Ida and they said some places were devastated. Hope you did OK. I am very much looking forward to a long-range range.

Top Bottom