DCC Monoblock Clip?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So on IWB holsters I’ve always been a fan of pull the dot loops as in the past years (clips) were not very robust. These days I see a lot of people using those DCC Monoblock Clips and it got me thinking perhaps times have changed lol.

If you use the DCC Monoblock Clip could you provide me real world feedback on how durable and secure they’ve been?

Thanks.

01LtBlAzEr

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi/Metairie
    I was the same, always used pull dots. The DCC monoblocks is what I use now. I order them on all of my ANR Design holsters. I've been using them for a little over a year now and have no issues/gripes about them at all. I'm a bigger guy and carry strong side. From my 365xl to my fullsize guns, love them.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I was the same, always used pull dots. The DCC monoblocks is what I use now. I order them on all of my ANR Design holsters. I've been using them for a little over a year now and have no issues/gripes about them at all. I'm a bigger guy and carry strong side. From my 365xl to my fullsize guns, love them.
    Thanks for the reply, I think I’ll give them a try on my next holster.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    What are/were pull dots? I have DCC Monoblock clips on my holsters from SCK Holsters. Before that I had FOMI clips. The DCC monoblock clips are significantly better then the FOMI for retention.

"What makes the DCC Monoblock clip better than the standard FOMI clip? There are a few reasons! The Monoblock is slimmer, so it is one less thing to print as opposed to the thicker FOMI clip. The 2-tang design on the Monoblock allows the clip to flex with your belt to keep your holster where you put it."

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    What are/were pull dots? I have DCC Monoblock clips on my holsters from SCK Holsters. Before that I had FOMI clips. The DCC monoblock clips are significantly better then the FOMI for retention.

"What makes the DCC Monoblock clip better than the standard FOMI clip? There are a few reasons! The Monoblock is slimmer, so it is one less thing to print as opposed to the thicker FOMI clip. The 2-tang design on the Monoblock allows the clip to flex with your belt to keep your holster where you put it."
    Pull the Dots are a type of snaps that are used on soft loops (very secure). Those snaps can only be released from the top down so the pressure of the belt can’t pop the snap from the bottom up (there’s an actual dot stamped on the top of the snap indicating the direction to pull from).

Attachments

• 19AB2A76-7895-47F9-9F32-A23CF831CA64.jpeg
      19AB2A76-7895-47F9-9F32-A23CF831CA64.jpeg
      416.8 KB · Views: 65
    Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I have the DCC individual clips on a Kenicor Vello, best clips I ever used, low profile and almost too secure when it comes to removing the holster.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    If you are like me and you add and remove your holster multiple times a day, the mono block is a pain. It's definitely more secure but the fomi clip has worked just fine for me for years and is much easier to take on and off.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    If you are like me and you add and remove your holster multiple times a day, the mono block is a pain. It's definitely more secure but the fomi clip has worked just fine for me for years and is much easier to take on and off.
    I'll agree with your assessment, if you have to disarm multiple times a day it is a pain to remove the monoblock. I've also seen complaints about the hook tearing up pants, but I haven't experienced that yet.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I have monoblocks on everything. Absolutely love them. If you want to try one @bigtattoo79 I have a bunch on hand. I also remove my holster several times a day and it's a piece of cake.

If you look at the side of the clip, you'll see it's hooked at the bottom. That's of course by design so it doesn't slide up and off your belt. So here's the trick with the Monoblocks or any other DCC clips...

(1) push down on the holster first to get those barbs out from behind your belt
    (2) lift the clip away from the belt
    (3) slide it up and off

Down > Out > Up. Easy peasy.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    I only use DCC clips. I have the monoblock on my 43x holster and use it pretty much daily. the only negative I have with the monoblock is its not tuckable but that's just the design. they're other styles cover you in those cases. I have noticed that they do seam to wear holes in the pants just below belt loop, but kind of just part of the game.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I have monoblocks on everything. Absolutely love them. If you want to try one @bigtattoo79 I have a bunch on hand. I also remove my holster several times a day and it's a piece of cake.

If you look at the side of the clip, you'll see it's hooked at the bottom. That's of course by design so it doesn't slide up and off your belt. So here's the trick with the Monoblocks or any other DCC clips...

(1) push down on the holster first to get those barbs out from behind your belt
    (2) lift the clip away from the belt
    (3) slide it up and off

Down > Out > Up. Easy peasy.
    I appreciate the loan offer but I’ll just order a holster with it. Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom