Dear Mr. Silver Mustang GT Convertible

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Surely you don't think that such a despicable person would be among the fine, upstanding denizens of this corner of the ether?!?!?

No. Of course not, I was venting.

Earlier this morning I was on the on ramp of the expressway. I looked behind me, saw it to be clear and started over. Before entering the right lane, I looked again, Mr. GT. I wasn't expecting him so he startled me but no harm. I moved towards to the right shoulder since I was at the end of the on ramp and he was at my bumper. That's why you look several times before you make your final move so to speak. That would have been on me had I not looked again. But I'll swear to it he was looking directly at me and holding steady. Most people at least attempt to move out of the way a little bit. This whole "I'm not moving they'll buy me a new car" mentality sucks. That aggravates me because you cannot predict how a crash will go. Not to mention the left lane was clear and ESPECIALLY when what happened next, happens.

Off of the expressway, on the main drag through Pineville (28), he finally gets in the left lane. And stays there. Not only does he stay there, he matches the speed of every vehicle at he gets next to in the right lane. Five miles under the speed limit and the whole damned highway is blocked for this f---ing idiot.

Not too often I'll get angry over another driver. This one steamed me.

Last edited:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Too bad the law wont allow just one time in our driving career to teach the tailgaters how to leave dental identification on their dashboard...........Purposely........! I wonder how intimidating it would be to the left lane driver on the cell phone.....In the left lane........... if they acknowledged the bulldozer blade and flashing red lights on the front of my 1 ton:redfinger: on their ass at 55mph!!!!!!!!

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    The on ramp is supposed to yield to the traffic on the roadway already, not the other way around. But as for blocking the effing left lane that is inexcusable.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    The on ramp is supposed to yield to the traffic on the roadway already, not the other way around. But as for blocking the effing left lane that is inexcusable.

Technically true. As I said, that one was probably on me. But the whole thing cheesed me later on down the road. I get over as a matter of courtesy. While not obligatory, it's nice.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    They walk among us. They drive among us. I love it when I put on my blinker to change lanes and some jackass speeds up trying to cut me off. I keep going and they tailgate me giving me the bird. Yea, hit me from behind you inconsiderate ass. I was courteous enough to let you know I'm changing lanes because soon I will be turning right and you speed up to impede me. WTH is wrong with these people?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    No. Of course not, I was venting.

Earlier this morning I was on the on ramp of the expressway. I looked behind me, saw it to be clear and started over. Before entering the right lane, I looked again, Mr. GT. I wasn't expecting him so he startled me but no harm. I moved towards to the right shoulder since I was at the end of the on ramp and he was at my bumper. That's why you look several times before you make your final move so to speak. That would have been on me had I not looked again. But I'll swear to it he was looking directly at me and holding steady. Most people at least attempt to move out of the way a little bit. This whole "I'm not moving they'll buy me a new car" mentality sucks. That aggravates me because you cannot predict how a crash will go. Not to mention the left lane was clear and ESPECIALLY when what happened next, happens.

Off of the expressway, on the main drag through Pineville (28), he finally gets in the left lane. And stays there. Not only does he stay there, he matches the speed of every vehicle at he gets next to in the right lane. Five miles under the speed limit and the whole damned highway is blocked for this f---ing idiot.

Not too often I'll get angry over another driver. This one steamed me.

*sigh*
    Mustangs.
    Meh.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

Defiantly true, but most people have the courtesy to slightly adjust their speed or get over into the left lane and allow the other driver to merge.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Defiantly true, but most people have the courtesy to slightly adjust their speed or get over into the left lane and allow the other driver to merge.

That and.... I know this is going to get me some flack... If I see someone coming into my lane slowly, without over reacting, if I can, and without causing an accident myself, I'll try to move over or reduce my speed to prevent from being hit. No he's not obligated to move out of the lane he was in by all rights. I wouldn't have argued against the ticket I'd get either coming off an on ramp. That'd be my fault. But there is just... There's something to it when it's the whole "I was here first, I'm not moving, screw you" driving attitude.

Yes. Had I not looked again, I would have merged into a car. My fault. I still feel accident prevention should be on the shoulders of both drivers. And honestly this would have been out of my mind except a mile down the road we're off the expressway and he's decided to plug along in the left lane.

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    Dear MR gold Tacoma with the HAM Operator's plate, Thanks for cutting me off this morning getting onto 110 from 61...oh, and TURN YOUR DAMN BLINKER OFF *******!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This whole "I'm not moving they'll buy me a new car" mentality sucks.

This is a passage right out of the new book by the democrats called, The Free **** Society Handbook, or Other Ways to Squeeze the Last Droplets of Blood out of the Tax Paying Turnips!

(Envision Crystal Ball Here and words stated with heavy Romanian Dialect for effect): "Something is coming through. A vision. Yes, yes, I see a color?!?"

Anything?

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I hope this makes you feel better...
    6349150007_large.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads