Dear Security Manager

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Its supposed to be theatre security, not security theatre. When you're employing a metal detector at the door and I set it off your employees should probably see what that sound is... Your employee asking me if I have a knife or weapon and me saying no and just keeping walking away ought not be adequate. Next time I'm going to take the appropriate steps for my security since you've proven you don't care.

ETA:
    I was agitated and dashed this off before the curtain went up.

Clearly I didn't communicate this well.

But since I'm not asking 25% over new cost for a custom stippled Glock it's not relevant to most of the forum.

Let me rephrase.

I went to a theatre today. The kind where real live people dance and sing in front of you.
    As I approached I saw that there was a metal detector, so I went back to the car and locked my concealed handgun in the box I keep secured in my vehicle for these situations.

Upon walking into the facility and passing thru the metal detector it alerted.

The lady looked at me and asked "Do you have a pocket knife or a weapon?" I, truthfully, answered "No" and walked away. She didn't ask me to empty my pockets or stop me, she was perched on a stool so it would have required her to stand.

How is that supposed to be a safety measure? It seems like just one more way to heighten risk for the law abiding? I think next time it'd be appropriate to their level of security if I just carried into the facility and when posed the question of whether I was carrying a weapon to say no.

I also noted as we were leaving a large pile of contraband Mike and Ike's, Twizzlers, and Junior Mints. So the prohibition against outside food and drinks seems to be much more serious a concern. The bag check people were clearly on the ball.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You set off a metal detector and walked away and will take appropriate steps for your security next time?
    You left off the "Rest of the Story".

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've been to both AMC elmwood and Regal at the esplanade lately and didn't set off a metal detector.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    I was confused too. They didn't ask me to empty my pockets or anything. Just asked "you're not carrying a knife or other weapon?" I said nope, and kept walking.

Seems to me that they don't actually care if I carry, so next time I will.

It's an actual theatre, not the AMC. First time being at this facility, saw the metal detector and went and locked it in the car like a nice law abiding licensee. It was ridiculous.

Last edited:

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I just came from Amc Elmwood and there wasn't a metal detector in sight. Nor did I notice a no guns sign.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom