Decertification of LEO.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well it’s only Rhode Island. Don’t see how that will affect much else. I’m sure if there’s anything considered unfair the police unions will sort it all out anyway.
    As a registered nurse, I’ve got to jump through some hoops to work in any other state or take a contract as a travel nurse. Until recently I had to renew my license to practice every year (now it’s bi-annual) and there’s a certain amount of continuing education that’s mandatory. I think it’s a good idea that a nurse leaving one state or even just moving to another facility in the same city be subjected to a drug screen, former employment research, etc. due to the level of trust associated with what we do. I don’t see why that should be any different for a cop, considering the level of authority they hold.

So what makes you think agencies just hire anyone as long as they are a prior or current officer. Do you think they don’t check with his employer etc?? I get calls from agencies regarding guys who have worked for me from other agencies outside of Louisiana, that’s not rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I predicted this when they passed the law that an individual attending post had to have a sponsoring agency. I knew that this would be used to hold over an individuals head and will lead to retention for X amount of time after Post Certs.
    There is also a thing that If you attend a Louisiana Post, then go to a state , that isn't necessarily post such as Ms. They honor post, but do not have the same thing. Louisiana right now DOES allow you to come back and keep POST as long as you stayed in Law Enforcement, but in some states they would not.
    Watch and see, you will see retention contracts show up next
    As long as you stayed in Law Enforcement. If you have been out of Law Enforcement for 5 years you must go back to school. It used to be a requirement of POST that as a minimum you must retake the Legal Portion and the Firearms Portion in order to be certified again. Retention Contracts are not Legal. Our local PD started that many years ago and it did not work.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Dennie Perkins

The Polygraph normally works pretty well but "Rumor" is He had some issues with the LPSO Polygraph but was hired anyway. He was a previous employee of WPD but I am not aware of them using the Polygraph when he was first hired.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    As long as you stayed in Law Enforcement. If you have been out of Law Enforcement for 5 years you must go back to school. It used to be a requirement of POST that as a minimum you must retake the Legal Portion and the Firearms Portion in order to be certified again. Retention Contracts are not Legal. Our local PD started that many years ago and it did not work.
    And was actually three years pre Katrina

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So what makes you think agencies just hire anyone as long as they are a prior or current officer. Do you think they don’t check with his employer etc?? I get calls from agencies regarding guys who have worked for me from other agencies outside of Louisiana, that’s not rare.

I didn’t say anything of the sort and I don’t think anything of the sort.

I never said I think that Motor. I said that it’s only Rhode Island. (The part about holding the certification) and it only affects Rhode Island. I then elaborated as to how normal it is to check references, licensure, drug test and what have you in my line of work and shouldn’t be any different for LEO’s as I’m sure it’s not. Where did I say or what makes you think I think any agency does not do it’s due diligence?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I didn’t say anything of the sort and I don’t think anything of the sort.

I never said I think that Motor. I said that it’s only Rhode Island. (The part about holding the certification) and it only affects Rhode Island. I then elaborated as to how normal it is to check references, licensure, drug test and what have you in my line of work and shouldn’t be any different for LEO’s as I’m sure it’s not. Where did I say or what makes you think I think any agency does not do it’s due diligence?

My bad, I must have misinterpreted.

Top Bottom