Democrat Party Switch Gives La. GOP Supermajority

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    The longest-serving Democrat in the Louisiana state Legislature, Francis Thompson, has changed parties, giving Republicans a 70-vote supermajority that allows the GOP to override a veto by the state's Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards.
    "Let me be clear: Nothing has changed," Thompson said. "There are values and principles that I firmly hold on to that guide my decisions. My conservative voting record over my years in the Legislature speaks for itself."
    He added, "The push the past several years by Democratic leadership on both the national and state level to support certain issues does not align with those values and principles that are a part of my Christian life."

Article Here: Democrat Party Switch Gives La. GOP Supermajority

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Not that I am complaining here. But in the scheme of things and how representatives are suppose to vote should be based on the majority of the people whose district you represent. Not on your personal feelings. I know I am living in lala land but it just blows my mind how we have come to expect so little of our representatives that they literally make statements such as he did re “values and principles that are part of MY Christian life”.

Like I said, I’m not complaining here, but this could just as easily been the other way around.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If he helps enact Constitutional Carry here, they need to get it done the next opportunity, because Jeff Landry is being accused of threatening retribution on other candidates and donors lined up against him. Landry is too caught up in cultural nonsense and religious zealotry. He will turn moderate conservatives against him and we will repeat 2015.

Get ready! We are going to get another democrat governor just like 2015.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Not that I am complaining here. But in the scheme of things and how representatives are suppose to vote should be based on the majority of the people whose district you represent. Not on your personal feelings. I know I am living in lala land but it just blows my mind how we have come to expect so little of our representatives that they literally make statements such as he did re “values and principles that are part of MY Christian life”.

Like I said, I’m not complaining here, but this could just as easily been the other way around.

I agree with you that a representative should represent the majority in their district.
    I also believe that the Democrat Party of today does not represent / align itself with the majority of it's base.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    The super majority is great news. Can that be used to reverse any past veto? When can we expect to get constitutional carry? Anytime sooner than next legislative session? Does this person even support the legislation?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom