Digging through Grandpa’s Stuff

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    If you dig through Grandpa’s stuff & you find a Pineapple, a Baseball or a Potato Masher, Don’t Pull the Pin.
    CE5BE083-7D33-4CA1-9A7B-24EFD26ADFBC.jpeg

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Had a iron pineapple just like the above posting........ Won as a door prize some years ago at a gun show at Lamar Dixon .... It was inert... not live.. Quiet a conversation piece. ............... drill sgt.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My boss used to have one in his office . I was always making " booby traps " that would pull the pin when he opened file cabinets , office door , etc. My favorite line was " See , I could have had you . " . Can't play like that these days .

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    If you dig through Grandpa’s stuff & you find a Pineapple, a Baseball or a Potato Masher, Don’t Pull the Pin.
    I knew an old timer many ears ago: he has since long returned to the arms of Christ. He had a surplus gun shop, I purchased my hunting ammo from him until I was an adult growing up when I did most of my hunting. I left for the military and at some point he passed. He was targeted a number of times by anti-gun folks and criminals due to his extensive surplus inventory. He had a pineapple on his reloading bench, behind his register. I told him one time it was the most realistic dummy I had seen: he looked me in the eyes and said "Son that's no dummy, if someone ever pulls the pin they will find out!..."

Drew03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2014
    Raceland, LA
    Does anyone that knows about pineapples know what the paint on the side is for?
    The blue/brown paint on the spoon? That’s used to visibly verify that’s it’s a M228 fuse for the “blue body” / M69 practice grenade. It has the same primer as the M213 fuse for the M67, but is black powder instead of RDX. Both are 4s delay fuses.

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Everyone on this earth knows what a pineapple grenade is who is over 18. Why would he pull the pin. This was natural selection.
    The article just said “grenade”. Most people don’t know about baseballs. And very few know what the hell a potato masher is. I’m guessing there are more types but if it has a pin and I can’t confirm it’s a dummy, I Ain’t Pulling It!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Maybe I'm overthinking it , but if I know FOR SURE it's a dud , conversation piece , then I might play around with it . If I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE , then I would assume nothing and leave it the hell alone . How hard is that ?

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    It’s not called a baseball, it’s a M67 Fragmentation.
    I have one that was for as a class demo. The fuse is gone and the body is empty.
    I also have a couple of the cheap dummies.

Attachments

• 42731A41-93D7-4A4D-AE4B-D30517076D3B.jpeg
      42731A41-93D7-4A4D-AE4B-D30517076D3B.jpeg
      395.9 KB · Views: 38
    • 4B96788B-2600-4E03-AB73-CA2C02FC5A30.jpeg
      4B96788B-2600-4E03-AB73-CA2C02FC5A30.jpeg
      385.4 KB · Views: 38
    • 84D215CB-6D51-4B91-96E9-405DB17AD354.jpeg
      84D215CB-6D51-4B91-96E9-405DB17AD354.jpeg
      580.2 KB · Views: 37

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It’s not called a baseball, it’s a M67 Fragmentation.
    I have one that was for as a class demo. The fuse is gone and the body is empty.
    I also have a couple of the cheap dummies.
    Cool.
    I’m laughing at the thought of some GI watching one bounce into his position and screaming, “M SIXTY-SEVEN FRAGMENTATION!”
    Funny story, I shared an apartment with a guy from Oregon back in the 80’s who was in the Army guard and was doing his weekends once a month. For some reason thought it would be a good idea to sneak a couple of simulators out. One of our part time couch roomies also had an idea and set it off in our living room. On a Sunday morning right in the middle of Kung Fu Theater, me with a hangover and a big bowl of Cap’n Crunch in my lap…
    I hope they never find the body.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Cool.
    I’m laughing at the thought of some GI watching one bounce into his position and screaming, “M SIXTY-SEVEN FRAGMENTATION!”
    Funny story, I shared an apartment with a guy from Oregon back in the 80’s who was in the Army guard and was doing his weekends once a month. For some reason thought it would be a good idea to sneak a couple of simulators out. One of our part time couch roomies also had an idea and set it off in our living room. On a Sunday morning right in the middle of Kung Fu Theater, me with a hangover and a big bowl of Cap’n Crunch in my lap…
    I hope they never find the body.
    Try standing outside against the wall after throwing a frag grenade into a building. It really gets your adrenaline going. But the guy in the building probably just shits his pants.
    I’m glad that I was the guy throwing and not the guy in the building.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom