Do It Yourself Lower

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Just got my kit in to build a competition lower. I am relatively mechanically inclined. Should I attempt to put this together myself (I have drawings) or leave to a professional?

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    It is as easy as pie, there are video's on You Tube, and there is also a photo pictorial with steps on AR15.com, thats how I learned, just take your time, do not excessively force any roll pins, should go in quite easy if lined up, use masking tapes around the holes, and you will be fine, any other questions, and there are a dozen or so people in the Gonzales area on this site that will help you, the two hardest assembly parts are the trigger guard assembly pin, you need to make sure you support the underneath of the receiver with wood as you drive the pin or you can crack the receiver, use a small brass hammer and a pin punch, the second is the pivot pin detent and spring, you will need to make sure you have a very small flat blade screw driver and be careful as the spring can send the detent flying across the room, very cheap part to replace but hard to find, other than that, its a snap

Last edited:

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    It is as easy as pie QUOTE]

That's the part I wanted to see. I have downloaded the info from AR-15.com, but sometimes easy is a relative term based on experience. I have broken my pistols and rifles down many times, so I should be able to handle.
    Thanks for the additional tips.

Top Bottom