Do you have " enough " stuff ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    If we experienced a complete collapse of America and an all out SHTF situation 95% of people on BS would perish in the first 3-6 months including myself more than likely unfortunately. Guns and ammo are definitely a plus in a hypothetical crazy time like that but guns and ammo alone aren’t going to be enough to survive.
    My guess is most people die in the first 30-60 days of a SHTF situation of dysentery and dehydration, due to a lack of fresh water. Those of us that have the means to make clean water, will have a leg up on the rest. That being said, I don't think most people can begin to imagine the social breakdown that will occur once people realize no one is coming to help them, the checks stop appearing, and the grocery stores are completely looted. Guns, and ammo, will definitely be a plus for those willing to tell their friends and neighbors there is nothing here worth your life.

Jambalayajames

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Luling
    If everything went to hell tomorrow and there were no more guns or ammo to be had , would you have enough to get by ? Could you still go to the range occasionally and feel like you have enough ammo to handle a small " disturbance " should it be necessary ? At my present rate of consumption , I think I'm good on everything I shoot . I'm not interested in turning this into a who has the biggest stash contest . I'm just curious if people feel comfortable .
    If everything went to hell tomorrow and somehow no more guns and ammo were to be had , we wouldn’t be concerned with a range , we would be trying to survive and fighting over food

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I already stopped going to the range. Ammo now costs too much and can still be hard to find. I am well stocked but it can be difficult to re-stock.
    50-100 rounds every few weeks can go a long way keep your skills sharp. Shooting is a perishable skill. I don’t go to the range with several hundred rounds per caliber I’m shooting like I used too but I still go often, usually weekly to shoot some 9, 45, or 223/5.56. I’ll also bring something in 22 to make the trip more worthwhile.

I agree definitely more expensive to replenish it now for sure but nothing is really hard to find online. Try ammobuy.com or ammoseek.con

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If you don't have enough arms and ammunition for the neighbors, you ain't got enough.
    I’m too stingy to be giving anything to my neighbors lol. Family and friends may get lucky and get a rifle and sidearm with some ammo if they didn’t have one but the neighbors idk. I’d like to think by now anyone with a half of brain has some sort of firearm and at least a few hundred rounds of ammo to go along with it.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I’m too stingy to be giving anything to my neighbors lol. Family and friends may get lucky and get a rifle and sidearm with some ammo if they didn’t have one but the neighbors idk. I’d like to think by now anyone with a half of brain has some sort of firearm and at least a few hundred rounds of ammo to go along with it.
    I'm guessing you have children to help with your crew served weapons.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I get it , and I wasn't interested in details of people's stash . I was just curious if people felt like they were in good shape if the gun control legislation turned really oppressive .
    I gotcha. Just trying to make people think. I watched what happened to people over social media posts one particular January.

Kee

Aware
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    In time of war, I wonder if there has ever been a study on how many rounds a solider puts down range typically before they get shot?

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    1 - 15' Sacalait Rod totes a Stradic Ci4+ 2500, 10 lb. braid.

1 - Teramar XX SW 6' 6" Medium totes a Calcutta Conquest BFS, 10 lb. braid.

1 - Teramar XX SE 7' 6" Medium-Heavy totes a 2021 Twin Power XD 4000, 18 lb. braid.

1 - 2019 Terez 7' 2" Medium-Light totes a 2021 Twin Power SW 4000, 30 lb. braid.

1 - Pair Snake Boots.

Bou'Cou - 20 lb. Bags Rice.

Bou'Cou - 20 lb. Boxes Navy Beans.

1 - Rocket Stove.

Bou'Cou - Various Synthetic Oils and Greases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom