Do you shoot your airgun more than your powder burners?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you shoot your airgun more than your powder burners?

• Yes, I shot my airgun all the time!!

Votes: 8 72.7%
    • No, it's just a novelty to me.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I had RWS/Diana rifles for years and only have the 54 mag now. I switched to all .22 cal about 10 years ago except for the oldies I no longer shoot.
    Liking my Nitro piston high dollar Benjamin but the RWS is still top dog at my house, especially for tree rats. Crow magnums FTW!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I am currently without an air rifle range @ home. I did have one & used it. I will replace it first chance I get. One aspect is you can rack up a lot of very short sessions. One of my usual modes was to shoot a 5 or 10 shot string several times a day. I suggest a trap that is movable. Mine was about 2' x 2' so kids/newbs had plenty of backstop or up to 4 people could shoot on it at once. Having a guest over to shoot was fun too.

6000 shots in 6 months in 1 position at minimal expense. No range fees or travel and very little time needed. In addition to very short sessions I would sometimes put in longer sessions. No big deal to shoot over 1K in pellets a month. So $10 depending on the pellet. The is doable with CF but not at the same price or convenience.

Sheridan 5mm Silver Streak was primary air rifle. I then got Refurbished Daisy 853's. Great gun for the money. I leave 1 scoped and 1 with irons.

At some point in the future I want to make the step up to the next level in the air rifle world AND add a pistol to the mix. PCP does interest me, but it is decent jump in gear.

Last edited:

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    I shoot the AG’s much more. They’re cheaper to feed and I can shoot them in the shed.

Shooting springers using the *artillery hold* has made me a much better shot overall too.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom