Does anyone know where I can buy 'ZOMBIE' arrows?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    As for arrow choices, I have some variations depending on a ZOMBIE apocalypse. For example, in a ZOMBIE apocalypse, I'm looking for a volume of speed, as opposed to heavier arrows. They have better stopping power and are more reliable because in a ZOMBIE situation, stopping power is not an issue. Either you penetrated the skull and scrambled the brains or you did'nt ... Your thoughts? :D

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    As for arrow choices, I have some variations depending on a ZOMBIE apocalypse. For example, in a ZOMBIE apocalypse, I'm looking for a volume of speed, as opposed to heavier arrows. They have better stopping power and are more reliable because in a ZOMBIE situation, stopping power is not an issue. Either you penetrated the skull and scrambled the brains or you did'nt ... Your thoughts? :D

If you're worried about penetration then you need more kinetic energy from your arrow. So you'll probably want a heavier arrow and heavy broadhead. See what kind of bolts Daryl is using in Walking Dead. Seems to be working well for him. :)

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    I'm pretty sure you can get some tactical/SWAT bolts or arrows and spray-paint them lime-green because apparently zombies are repelled by lime green I guess. Or maybe, they are color-blind and they don't see the lime-green? If they do see color then I have no idea why everything that says "Zombie" has to be the absolute most visible color...

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm pretty sure you can get some tactical/SWAT bolts or arrows and spray-paint them lime-green because apparently zombies are repelled by lime green I guess. Or maybe, they are color-blind and they don't see the lime-green? If they do see color then I have no idea why everything that says "Zombie" has to be the absolute most visible color...

They make tactical arrows?

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    I was kinda joking but I wouldn't be surprised if Horton put "TACTICAL" on a pack of bolts, put on some "STEALTH" fletchings and doubled the price. LOL.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Wouldn't be too difficult to buy some carbon arrows and glue on some lime green and black fletchings and then you'll have some Hornady Zombie Max Arrows/Bolts. Just make sure to use a black, or lime green, fixed bladed broad head. Something in the 1" cutting diameter since you are going for head shots. Hell, field tips may be better since they're cheap, redily available and aren't screwed if you lose one of them vs. a hunting broad head.

:D

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    100_3598.jpg

See? Just paint ANYTHING lime green and it magically becomes ZOMBIE ready!
    My plain old boring workaday Para Ordnance and Kershaw folder have now become "Mega Zombie TactiKool Apocalypse ReadySurvival Gear"

Just look at the label of a can of lime green DupliCiolor High Heat engine enamel...it says "transforms anytning it touches into deathproof zombie combatting tools'o doom"

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Anything carbon, painted lime green (duh) with a two blade Magnus Buzzcut on the end... those things are nasty. lol

Super tacti-cool archery gear... just don't shoot a crossbow, those aren't for real zombie hunters, those are for FUDD's..

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hmmm...I wonder how "Swackers" would work against re-animated flesh?
    hmmm9uh.gif

CptWyrm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    I think if you want the long range fire of walking dead you should attach the +1 flight of fantasy and roll 1d20 to crit.
    Now in a situation of probability... a bow would still be used to hunt game. Considering to dispatch a zombie you would have to hit a socket shot or a hit the head at the base of the spine through the opened mouth..
    Which at close range would probably be easier to just stab. Then you would have to either sanitize or toss the arrow for the risk of cross contamination, or infection of later targets.
    Consulting my :Zombie survival guide by Max Brooks: it is recommended making the arrows incendiary, and with crossbows the reload time would put you at more of a risk in a horde situation.
    Myself, Bow= food silently, so, arrows for food, crowbar for zombies.

Top Bottom