Doing away with the “New York” trigger?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Making guns *easier to fire* to make up for general lack of accuracy and training?

You mean issuing standard Glocks, because the NY1/NY2 spring only exists for older LEO switching from DAO wheelguns and new recruits never had an issued gun before.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As of at least 2019, New Orleans required the NY1 on all Glocks for on-duty and off-duty use. The latest approval for a policy was a couple of weeks ago so I have to believe the NY1 requirement is still in effect.

However, all approved Glock pistols must be equipped with the Glock New York #1 trigger spring.
    https://www.nola.gov/getattachment/...-4-Authorized-Firearms-EFFECTIVE-11-15-19.pdf

Their Consent Decree Approved policies are publicly available.
    https://www.nola.gov/nopd/policies/

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    He needs to return to Armorer school then.

Its removal of the Grey or Orange (NY1, or NY2) NY part, and then replacement with a standard "S" spring. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. Done in two min or less on each gun.

Armorer on Glock since 2001 and been thru five Factory schools including Advanced Armorer.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    From what I have heard from a glock armourer, it is a spring and a transfer bar.

You heard wrong. It's just a spring.

156c3d0b3290bb9e824a396d5f89fd0e.jpg

trigger-spring-3a-jpg.157073

ny1-jpg.6212

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    You heard wrong. It's just a spring.

156c3d0b3290bb9e824a396d5f89fd0e.jpg

trigger-spring-3a-jpg.157073

ny1-jpg.6212

He needs to return to Armorer school then.

Its removal of the Grey or Orange (NY1, or NY2) NY part, and then replacement with a standard "S" spring. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. Done in two min or less on each gun.

Armorer on Glock since 2001 and been thru five Factory schools including Advanced Armorer.

Sorry guys, I am talking about glocks in the mid 1980's. According to the guy I know and trust, both the spring and transfer bar had to be changed. He is a glock armourer, a 15th district judge, we worked together for many years. I know and trust him, I dont know or trust you two! If you two have an issue with his advice, feel free to pm me your phone number for me to pass on to him for him to get in contact with you!

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    AdvancedLaser and DAVE_M are correct.

I'm also a Glock armorer. My manuals cover all of the generations, and they say nothing about replacing the transfer bar as a part of the New York trigger spring. In fact, there's not even technically a part in a Glock called a "transfer bar." I assume he's referring to the trigger bar, which is part of the trigger assembly (and any Glock armorer knows that you replace the entire trigger assembly, and not just the bar).

There were some changes to the early 1st generation parts, so I guess it's possible that a change was needed back then. But that hasn't been the case for a long time now (if it ever was), and in looking at the armorer parts order form I don't see anything about a different trigger assembly for the New York spring.

As others have said, it's a swap that can be done in about 2 minutes. Painfully easy.

Mike

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    I have a FN 509c with a 6 pound trigger pull (just under 6 actually) and a CZ TSO SAO with a 2.2 pound trigger pull. I can drill in the same area at 10+ yards with ease all day long with the TSO but the FN, while good, just not as good. I mean I know there is more to it (longer barrel, heavier gun so less muzzle kick etc etc) but I bet if I put a 2-3 pound on my FN I could drill all day long. People are worried they will shoot more, which isn't true. THe only thing I could see if they have bad trigger discipline and shoot themselves or others by accident more.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Are you a glock armorer? If not, I dont trust you. I also dont know you personally so therefore, again, I dont trust you again!

Only you can decide where to put your trust.

Keep in mind that a certification, degree, or even a license issued by a governing body doesn’t necessarily make someone an expert or all knowing in their chosen field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Only you can decide where to put your trust.

Keep in mind that a certification, degree, or even a license issued by a governing body doesn’t necessarily make someone an expert or all knowing in their chosen field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am just going to say that I did not vote for joe blow and camel toe harris!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Are you a glock armorer? If not, I dont trust you. I also dont know you personally so therefore, again, I dont trust you again!

Multiple armorers have chimed in already, including one that said I was correct, so you can trust whoever you like.

Top Bottom