Doing away with the “New York” trigger?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Thankyou for the personal attack by calling members names! Yeah, that will work out real good for your business! ;) And by the way, you need to go back and re-read the thread were I corrected my post to "trigger bar"! Either way I would not do any kind of business with you what so ever since I dont know you or trust you! Besides that, you attempt to belittle any one that is not in lock step with your thinking and possibly some potential customers!

Hey now, you called me way worse in another thread and I didn’t cry about it. Can’t we all get along???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Then keep your complaints in the other thread!

Ok. Quick question before I go, do you find it odd that you get in arguments with a lot of people on here? It’s kinda like my buddy who’s been divorced 6 times, maybe it’s you sir. I’m trying to be less of a smarta@@ as I get older so I’m not going to go back and forth with you as bad as I want to. Carry on sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pops 1

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Pollock Louisiana
    Go to You Tube and look up JPI, he retired from NYPD a couple of years ago. He has a video on swapping his G26 and G19 from the NY trigger to the standard spring.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Dont hold your breath waiting.

So basically even though my oldest son's best friend whom he graduated high school with and who actually happens to be a Navy Seal, you would assume my son is a liar? The same way I feel when someone states that they have been a Glock armorer for umpteen years and they know everything. Dont worry sir, with your attitude I will never set foot in your shop or enlist your aid pertaining to a Glock firearm.

Wow.

Just happened to see this as I lay on an air mattress in my gun shop waiting for power to return. Most of you know I am a no BS kind of guy who does his best to educate people but doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

I’m about to state some facts and an opinion. When considering the following statements keep in mind that I am privileged enough to know a lot of super knowledgeable folks when it comes to guns—-guys who design and build them for a living and have spent their lives working on them. Most of them don’t carry guns for a living. I also count among my friends a ton of bad ass dudes who do carry guns for a living—-state and local LE, virtually every Federal agency, every SF branch, CIA GRS, foreign military SF, French Foreign Legion, etc.

So here goes with the facts:

I’ve known Kurt (Advanced Laser) since we were in high school. We were in different crowds but we knew each other. Since then we’ve reconnected. He’s spent more than half his life carrying a gun for a living—-LE, and contracting work (he’s actually spent more years in the Middle East than most military people I know). That alone does not make him knowledgeable on firearms. As I often tell people, my secretary can run the **** out of our copy machine. She can hit the button to make it work, clear jams, and load it with paper. That does not make her an expert on the features or designs of copiers, nor does it make her qualified to work on them. Hopefully you can see the parallels.

What makes Kurt an expert on weapons is that he is a factory trained armorer on more weapons platforms and brands than anyone I know. (Refer to third paragraph for why this is stunningly impressive). Kurt is the only civilian I know who is a Dillon trained armorer on the mini gun. And he didn’t pay for the school—-Blackwater (or perhaps Triple Canopy) did.

So here’s the opinion part:

Kurt is an extremely smart bastard. I tell him all the time I learn something new every time we hang out. He is encyclopedic in his knowledge. He is not a hobbyist. This is his profession. He’s literally the first person I call with armorer questions.

Now, strangely enough, this is about Glock. I happen to be a Glock Armorer and as several others have stated, what Kurt said is true. What makes this strange is that this isn’t arcane knowledge, it’s everywhere on the internet. Glocks are perhaps the most well documented platform of all time. Google bro, see that you are wrong and either admit it and carry on or just drop it and walk away.

You picked a fight with the last guy I would choose to fight with about gun knowledge (or with guns for that matter). Seriously.

Oh, one last opinion, New York triggers suck. When I was in police academy at OPCSO in 1996, I bought a Gen 2 Glock 19 from a guy named Lee who used to be a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy. I could never shoot that gun worth a damn. Bear in mind I was a 21 year old kid who didn’t know a Glock from a Smith & Wesson. I had no idea that it had a NY trigger in it (I forget which one, but I remember the part from cleaning the gun). I moved on to other guns and hated Glocks for years until I started playing with them again and was amazed at how much better the triggers had become (or so I thought). As I learned more about Glocks a wave of embarrassment washed over me as I realized I didn’t hate these amazing guns at all, rather I hated a stupid trigger mod that serves zero purpose. We all start from somewhere and begin to learn and are often dispossessed of our convictions in the process. It runs to be mindful of how difficult it is to be told you are wrong when educating customers and open to accepting when I am wrong when being educated by others (sometimes my very knowledgeable customer base).

Flyboy, it’s OK to be wrong. And your friend, the judge, he can be wrong too. That’s why there are appellate courts. (If you didn’t know I’m a lawyer by profession). Just smile and move on being a little more knowledgeable that you previously were.

I’m going to go back to sweating my ass off on this air mattress. Good night to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new_bayu_shooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    NO, The triggers they were putting in their Glocks was making it HARDER to be accurate. Leaving a stock trigger in will help with training and accuracy not make up for it. This should have been done years ago.
    Making guns *easier to fire* to make up for general lack of accuracy and training?

Seems legit. Jimminycricket…

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-yor...0210825-s4wbvq5rwjcwlacm5i5eyarvha-story.html

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    NO, The triggers they were putting in their Glocks was making it HARDER to be accurate. Leaving a stock trigger in will help with training and accuracy not make up for it. This should have been done years ago.

"easier" is a comparative adjective. It looks at two different things and sort of ranks them some how. In this case, the things being compared are the guns that have been issues for a long time and the new guns. The old guns, because they have been used for so long, are the standard. It's what the new guns are being compared to. The new guns are easier to fire due to the trigger being different from their standard. Furthermore, the accuracy with their "standard" triggers is their current measure of accuracy. They are hoping the change from their "standard" trigger to the lighter trigger will result in increased accuracy.

bigarc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Louisiana
    All to make it easier to shoot yourself with a dang striker fire pistol. No thanks. 1911, CZ's, and Old School Sigs and Smiths for me.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    All to make it easier to shoot yourself with a dang striker fire pistol. No thanks. 1911, CZ's, and Old School Sigs and Smiths for me.

Do you point 1911, CZ, Sig, and S&W pistols at yourself?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Easy bro, you know how sensitive glock fanboys can be.
    I’m not a Glock fan at all, but I have a few. Why am I not a Glock fan? Because they’re butt ugly for one. And they don’t have a safety and the trigger can indeed be pulled inadvertently and it has happened. Even LEO’s have had negligent/accidental/unintentional discharges, some resulting in injury. Can this happen with other pistols? Of course, if there’s no safety or the safety is off.
    Why do I own glocks? Because they’re dependable for one. They’re also relatively cheap and I don’t mind if mine gets beat up. Double stack full size 10mm pistols are not a dime a dozen and Glock makes a decent one.
    My first Glock 22 had a New York trigger, it was a police trade. I hated it until I swapped springs. It’s a decent truck gun.
    Hitler was made in Austria

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    sounds more like a trigger discipline, gun handling and training issue and less of a striker fired issue. Didn’t I just see a response from you saying your go to carry gun was a 365?

Last edited:

Phil S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Baton Rouge, La
    lol yes because that will greatly increase the odds of someone accidentally shooting themselves.
    I’m really not sure how someone could ever accidentally shoot themselves or any other person or thing they don’t intend. For me, it’s so simple … I’m always aware of the direction a muzzle is pointed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom