Draco AK handguns for $300 (outrageous shipping)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The base price is the cheapest I have seen but it appears J&G doesn't ship USPS which would lower the shipping cost dramatically. $300 for the gun and $50 to ship it. Overall a good price.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/romanian-ak-draco-pistol-7-62x39-caliber-handgun-/products_id/1696

product_thumb.php

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yes they are cool guns and you can make a great poormans krink out of one :D

And what's cool about that is they are a full Romanian gun, receiver, barrel and everything. Well, except for the Tapco trigger group but that's a plus. The early ones had virgin underfolder trunnions in them. I don't know if they still do but that would make it even easier to complete.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    And what's cool about that is they are a full Romanian gun, receiver, barrel and everything. Well, except for the Tapco trigger group but that's a plus. The early ones had virgin underfolder trunnions in them. I don't know if they still do but that would make it even easier to complete.

I have a tapco in mine but they don't come with a tapco FCG. The one I have isn't to old and has the underfolder trunnion in it. I didn't notice that tell you or someone had posted that before. I'm SBR'n mine but if I don't put a poly sidefolder in I will take the lazy way out. Just drill and tap it for a ace folding block.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have a tapco in mine but they don't come with a tapco FCG. The one I have isn't to old and has the underfolder trunnion in it. I didn't notice that tell you or someone had posted that before. I'm SBR'n mine but if I don't put a poly sidefolder in I will take the lazy way out. Just drill and tap it for a ace folding block.

Mine came with a Tapco. What did yours come with?

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Mine came with a Tapco. What did yours come with?

Everyone I have seen new had the Romanian FCG :dunno: Had 3 sent to the same dealer all having the same FCG. But I have read about others on the intraweb having a U.S. FCG and pistol grip but most likely it will not. did you get yours new?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Everyone I have seen new had the Romanian FCG :dunno: Had 3 sent to the same dealer all having the same FCG. But I have read about others on the intraweb having a U.S. FCG and pistol grip but most likely it will not. did you get yours new?

Yep, got it new from Classic Arms. It had the non-laminate handguard and I think a US grip. At least it was black and not Romanian brown/reddish. And it had the Tapco FCG.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    The base price is the cheapest I have seen but it appears J&G doesn't ship USPS which would lower the shipping cost dramatically. $300 for the gun and $50 to ship it. Overall a good price.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/romanian-ak-draco-pistol-7-62x39-caliber-handgun-/products_id/1696

product_thumb.php

I bought a handgun from them years ago and the guy quoted me a shipping price around $40. I told him to ship it USPS since it was going to a FFL. He told me the like to ship them next day air because the post office loses things. I told him to ship it USPS and E-mail me a copy of the shipping receipt.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I bought a handgun from them years ago and the guy quoted me a shipping price around $40. I told him to ship it USPS since it was going to a FFL. He told me the like to ship them next day air because the post office loses things. I told him to ship it USPS and E-mail me a copy of the shipping receipt.

And? Did they ship it USPS?

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Bringing this back from the dead:

Do the Draco's have a filed/enlarged magazine well like the wasr-10's? If No, Is that because they are a pistol so they can get around the high capacity magazine foolishness?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Bringing this back from the dead:

Do the Draco's have a filed/enlarged magazine well like the wasr-10's? If No, Is that because they are a pistol so they can get around the high capacity magazine foolishness?

They seem to use a standard Romanian AK receiver for a standard capacity magazine. Handguns are not subject to 922r or "sporting" tests.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom