Drank some Kool-Aid...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    ...and it was freakin good.

Had my HK USPc cherry popped this afternoon, and I can honestly say I didn't know what I was missing. It was a HK 45USPc Var. 1, and I now must have one.

As much as I enjoyed the DA/SA version, I think a DAO or LEM would better suit my style. What is the going rate for one of these things? Used would be preferable as I'm not willing to lay down the scratch for a new one, unless it was just too good to pass up.

I'm putting this out to the HK guys on the board....Help a brother out. What do I need to know, look for, etc...

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Did somebody say HK event? :D:D:D

Paging LSP972

A used USPc should go between 650-750. iirc they go about 850-900 brand new. Most abundantly you will find V1's but they most all can be converted to LEM. IOW, if you find a V1 or LEM, doesn't matter. With that said, unless you're weird and want to carry an HK cocked and locked, you WILL want a LEM trigger. Why? Because it's the poo :D.

Good luck.

Just give in. You're gonna wind up with one, so don't fight it.

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Did somebody say HK event? :D:D:D

Paging LSP972

A used USPc should go between 650-750. iirc they go about 850-900 brand new. Most abundantly you will find V1's but they most all can be converted to LEM. IOW, if you find a V1 or LEM, doesn't matter. With that said, unless you're weird and want to carry an HK cocked and locked, you WILL want a LEM trigger. Why? Because it's the poo :D.

Good luck.

Just give in. You're gonna wind up with one, so don't fight it.

As a southpaw, I would much prefer the LEM. I'm probably gonna throw up one of my XDs to help fund this. Just need to locate a replacement beforehand.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I've always grown up shooting Glocks and Sigs, but this just seemed to fit. It felt natural.

Comparing it to a glock or sig is like an apple and orange. And I own glocks. They have their place.

hkpro.com is where you need to be. Monitor the for sale ads. There's usually a couple USPc's that come across a week.

legg86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Tickfaw, LA
    Comparing it to a glock or sig is like an apple and orange. And I own glocks. They have their place.

hkpro.com is where you need to be. Monitor the for sale ads. There's usually a couple USPc's that come across a week.

TOTALLY agree. Glocks are great, I love my glock. I wouldn't ever pick my glock over my HK, or my HK over my glock. my glock is my competition gun, and my night fighter, my HK is my carry brick.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I have been a wheelgun man for almost 30 years, but recently picked up my first HK, a P7.
    DAMN.

let me repeat that...DAMN

I have a USP on hold as we speak and willbe getting an HK 45 LEM this spring. Nothing like an HK. Clinical precision and dead-nuts accuracy, what's NOT to love?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    ...and it was freakin good.

Had my HK USPc cherry popped this afternoon, and I can honestly say I didn't know what I was missing. It was a HK 45USPc Var. 1, and I now must have one.

As much as I enjoyed the DA/SA version, I think a DAO or LEM would better suit my style. What is the going rate for one of these things? Used would be preferable as I'm not willing to lay down the scratch for a new one, unless it was just too good to pass up.

I'm putting this out to the HK guys on the board....Help a brother out. What do I need to know, look for, etc...

Becareful of LSP972.. He is an HK Kool-Aide dealer...

Remember the first one is always free...

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    No kidding. LSP972 is on HK's payroll.

My theory - after pretty, full color ads with SEAL looking guys failed to convince everyone they had to have one - they turned to the dark side went to the hired guns (rimshot!)

Ever wonder why LSP972 has a seemingly endless supply of lightly used HK's he will sell you cheap? IT IS A CONSPIRACY, PEOPLE.

HK gives him the guns. He lets you try them, offers you free financing with 90 days to pay at insanely low prices... the hook is set.

Soon you find yourself on teh interwebz praising the USP... how great the LEM is... how accurate they are... the reliability is amazing... you keep going on about how German precision oozes out of them and they smell like strawberries. Other forumites run right out and buy one - the marketing plan at work.

You won't realize whats happened until you are staring at a half dozen HKs in your safe - be careful!

PS - V1 sucks, LEM for the win!

:rofl:

latour50

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    No kidding. LSP972 is on HK's payroll.

My theory - after pretty, full color ads with SEAL looking guys failed to convince everyone they had to have one - they turned to the dark side went to the hired guns (rimshot!)

Ever wonder why LSP972 has a seemingly endless supply of lightly used HK's he will sell you cheap? IT IS A CONSPIRACY, PEOPLE.

HK gives him the guns. He lets you try them, offers you free financing with 90 days to pay at insanely low prices... the hook is set.

Soon you find yourself on teh interwebz praising the USP... how great the LEM is... how accurate they are... the reliability is amazing... you keep going on about how German precision oozes out of them and they smell like strawberries. Other forumites run right out and buy one - the marketing plan at work.

You won't realize whats happened until you are staring at a half dozen HKs in your safe - be careful!

PS - V1 sucks, LEM for the win!

HEY PAUL, I'LL TRADE YOU A "PANgris" G19 FOR AN HK LEM!;)

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I've found var. 1's for around $650 in very good condition, but every LEM i find, i might as well spend the extra $100 and get it new...they are like gold.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    We had one of these get-togethers last Saturday... and gained a new HK lover/owner, unless I miss my guess.

I'm waiting on the tax return to get here, but am watching HKPro like crazy. It has its own tab in Firefox here at work and get's refreshed multiple times within the hour. :rofl:

Should the tax return get here soon, I'm just gonna go to the local place and get the brand new one. Used prices be damned!

Now, HKParts just needs to get more of those LEM kits in. :mad:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    OK, so I go over to HKPro to see what all the hub bub is about and click on the FS ads. The very first one I look at, some guy named pangris has sent a PM on a USP40c LEM. What kind of coincident is that? Another pangris! ;)

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    You need to try one before you commit to the USPc .45. I've been toting mine for a few months now; Paul's quote above pretty much covers it.

He prefers the USPc grip, though, because he has meat hooks for hands.

I have meat hooks, but I tend to shoot guns with slightly smaller grips better (G19, etc...). As far as I've read the HK45c is very close to a G19, but you are right I should probably find one to shoot. I handled a P30 last week at 10-8 and really liked how it felt in the hand, but alas I want a .45.

I could probably find a USPc for less though, from somebody who wants to step up to the 45c. You never know, I might get lucky.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom