Edwards at it again. Mask up.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Believe me by September every state and city will be under mandatory mask mandates and possible lockdowns again. Gov. Abbott signed an executive order to prevent this but we will see if it’s worth the paper it’s written on. My money is on useless.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    He infringed on our Second Amendment rights when he vetoed Constitutional Carry. That is what we should be angry about.

If he really is trying to do the same with sissy masks(try wearing the M82 for over an hour while in a hole waiting for the ALL CLEAR 12,000 miles away), then why did he lift the first mask mandate? If he had a hidden agenda with these masks, then the first mask mandate would still be in place.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    My Wife has a friend who’s Father is dying of Covid-19 in St Bernard Parish RIGHT NOW!

Last night I spoke to a nurse I know who works at Oshner on Jefferson HWY after her shift ended. She broke down and cried while I patiently listened to her talk about how overwhelmed they are and watching people die.

This situation is very real and people want to complain about light masks?

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Yeah,...uh...No.

A mask will not stop a virus. Period.

Keep sick people isolated and let the rest of us move on with our lives, you know, the 99.8% of us who isn't gonna die from this virus.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yeah,...uh...No.

A mask will not stop a virus. Period.

Where did you get that information from?
    Would you ask your surgery team to not wear masks?
    There have been several documented instances where the virus was not transmitted because the infected person was wearing a mask. Masking was extremely effective against the Flu.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Where did you get that information from?
    Would you ask your surgery team to not wear masks?
    There have been several documented instances where the virus was not transmitted because the infected person was wearing a mask. Masking was extremely effective against the Flu.

I've never seen a medical professional go into an area with an infectious disease and only wear a basic mask like we are supposed to wear.
    Masking has never been effective against a virus. A full chem-suit would help, but a simple piece of cloth is merely a "feel good" measure.
    COVID19 has a diameter of approximately 60–140 nm or 0.06 to 1.4 microns, regular masks filter down to 14 microns and cloth face coverings much less than that. Even N95 masks only filter to .03 and won't filter most of the Covid virus.

The only thing that makes any sense is social distancing. Stay 6+ feet away from anyone you don't know or trust isn't sick.

Keep the sick quarantined. Let the rest of us live our lives.

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    Mask are truly a feel good measure, nothing more. But whether they protect or not doesn't really concern me. What REALLY concerns me is liberty and choice. Last time I checked, the Gov worked for us. He's a paid servant, granted authority by the populace. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. If he can dictate to me that I must wear a mask, then he can dictate to me I must wear a yellow star of David on my left chest. Don't say it can't happen, because we all know a fella that did that in the past! We all need to quit acting like subjects, and act like citizens.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    I've never seen a medical professional go into an area with an infectious disease and only wear a basic mask like we are supposed to wear.
    Masking has never been effective against a virus. A full chem-suit would help, but a simple piece of cloth is merely a "feel good" measure.
    COVID19 has a diameter of approximately 60–140 nm or 0.06 to 1.4 microns, regular masks filter down to 14 microns and cloth face coverings much less than that. Even N95 masks only filter to .03 and won't filter most of the Covid virus.

The only thing that makes any sense is social distancing. Stay 6+ feet away from anyone you don't know or trust isn't sick.

Keep the sick quarantined. Let the rest of us live our lives.

Wrong there, bud. The virus attaches itself to droplets that get propelled out when you sneeze, cough, or spout your typical non-researched incorrect facts courtesy of that pretty blonde on Fox News. The problem with quarantining is that is only solves half of the problem. It only contains those who are visibly sick with symptoms. This virus can spread with folks who are completely asymptomatic and happily gathering together in large groups, still.

All I'll say is do your own research, looking at the science. You have been manipulated by large corporations in the last decades to ignore science, call them quacks, not trust the information they provide. This is especially true for tobacco companies "publishing their own studies." Whereas the folks who are publishing information (not at all related to the vaccine, mind you) have nothing to gain, and multiple documented sources to back up their claims. Right now, we have the worst possible wave of folks doing the wrong sorts of research. They get on google and type "Why don't masks work versus Coronavirus?" instead of "Mask effectiveness vs Covid-19." Then, they take information from the first result that links to a privately owned misinformation campaign and spout it out to all the people who will listen, who trust you. Then those people, trusting you've done your research because of your vitriol towards the topic, take it as gospel. They proceed to spread it again.

Also, guys. Please. For the love of God, do not take medicine designed for animals. Trust your doctor like you have all these years pre-covid. I can't believe I'm having to say, don't take a horse-dewormer...

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'm not a dog, I don't wear muzzles. I'm not a sheep either. I'm not doing something just because everyone else is. If I'm around you and fart, you're gonna smell it. If a mask doesn't stop that, why should I believe it's gonna stop some BS virus..

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    I'm not a dog, I don't wear muzzles. I'm not a sheep either. I'm not doing something just because everyone else is. If I'm around you and fart, you're gonna smell it. If a mask doesn't stop that, why should I believe it's gonna stop some BS virus..

Goodness I can't believe what I had to Google in 30 seconds and is now in my search history: SOURCE (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7447000/)
    "Smell is quite another matter. Smell detects molecules via our olfactory receptors. Sulfur with an approximate molecule diameter of 0.0004 μm is detectable by smell and could certainly pass through an N95 mask. Smoke particles, which are heterogeneous, tend to be larger at approximately 1 μm (7). However, some smoke particles can be small enough to pass through a mask, and odoriferous gases, such as hydrogen sulfide, may certainly do so. Thus, it is possible to detect certain molecules and particles by smell. It does not indicate that the mask is not functioning properly."

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    323MAR said:
    A friend of mine has a Grandfather who now identifies as DEAD.
    If you do not want to defend against the Chinese Biological Agent, then you can take your chances.
    I have no plans to give aid and comfort to our enemies.

Sorry to hear about your friend’s grandfather. I know 8 people who have died from Covid or from *complications from Covid.* All of them were strict mask wearers. And 80% of them were *vaccinated.*

Last edited:

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Sorry to hear about your friend’s grandfather. I know too many people who have died from Covid or from *complications from Covid.* All of them were strict mask wearers. And 80% of them were vaccinated.

Man I appreciate your kindness in this post and not being arrogant about this (serious). Unfortunately you say that you knew every movement of the 5 people you knew who died due to Covid complications can't be true unless you've monitored every single moment of that person's lives. I was a strict mask wearer who recently (Until delta spike these last few days) had relaxed in enforcement of the mask wearing. Those who know me over the last year would say that I was a "strict mask wearer." And guess what, I have symptoms now, pending a test. Hope this helps see the issues with your logic, and know that by no means do I intend a personal attack.

Top Bottom