Elementary School Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    He worked at Wendy’s until he had enough money to purchase the guns. His coworkers said he talked about it regularly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    yea saw the so called pic of the ones he used, one was a ddm4v7, so it wasnt no el cheapo' home build or ghost gun...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    great post. Here are a few things I’d like to see.

Harden schools like banks, have access points and bullet proof doors and windows.

No key cards etc, someone
    Should have to buzz you in to keep them from getting stolen.

Have a few officers roaming the school interior and exterior, these officers are secondary line of defense, the hardened building is the first line of defense.
    No need to arm teachers or any of that.

I’m also hearing it took close to an hour ti breech the room the shooter was in, I hope this is just BS.

I totally agree... 1 resource officer for 400-500 kids is not enough... Heck we have 1 cop at waffle house every night...
    we pay plenty enough taxs, why we cant have a standard of say 1 cop per 50 kids, plus one at all major doors , Like you said upgrade locks and doors.. We are investing in our children here!!! As corrupt as it would be to vote on another tax to assist this i would vote for it, even though 95% will line the pockets of politicians...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    If you watched the Buffalo, New York, supermarket shooting live feed that fella did.. He was playing a video game... He was 100% numb to the whole situation... He escaped reality during that shooting spree, or he never was in reality... These kids at a young age are indoctrinated and allowed to play these games, play them online with adults, watch movies like John Wick, completely engulf there lives with killing with no accountability ... Its nothing to them... Look at the mass of people that were allowed to riot and burn down our citys and our gov said give them space allow them to vent..... Towards the end of the recording he made he raised his gun to a man on the ground to shoot him and the man screamed "NOOOOO" you can tell it clicked in him, for just one second he was back to reality he immediately dropped his gun and yelled "Im sorry" then snapped back and began to carry on back to his mission

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    If you watched the Buffalo, New York, supermarket shooting live feed that fella did.. He was playing a video game... He was 100% numb to the whole situation... He escaped reality during that shooting spree, or he never was in reality... These kids at a young age are indoctrinated and allowed to play these games, play them online with adults, watch movies like John Wick, completely engulf there lives with killing with no accountability ... Its nothing to them... Look at the mass of people that were allowed to riot and burn down our citys and our gov said give them space allow them to vent..... Towards the end of the recording he made he raised his gun to a man on the ground to shoot him and the man screamed "NOOOOO" you can tell it clicked in him, for just one second he was back to reality he immediately dropped his gun and yelled "Im sorry" then snapped back and began to carry on back to his mission
    I've been saying this for years about the video games, but every time I mentioned it I was met with harsh push back. Now its coming to fruition. I firmly believe the games have a lot to do with it along with mental issues. I've seen how kids react to killing on these games. It gives them a hard-on.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I totally agree... 1 resource officer for 400-500 kids is not enough... Heck we have 1 cop at waffle house every night...
    we pay plenty enough taxs, why we cant have a standard of say 1 cop per 50 kids, plus one at all major doors , Like you said upgrade locks and doors.. We are investing in our children here!!! As corrupt as it would be to vote on another tax to assist this i would vote for it, even though 95% will line the pockets of politicians...
    Just a thought on how we spend our money. The billions we send to countries that either hate us, or refuse to help themselves, when they aren't even our primary problem.

There are approx 130,930 schools in America.
    We sent $53,000,000,000 to Ukraine.
    Thats $404,796 per school
    We could pay 5 SWAT members $80,000 each and have them at every school front door.
    With almost $5k left over.
    Priorities.

(Its just an example, dont overthink it)

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    we can always count on obama administration i mean biden administration... Not that they are any diff

Capture.PNG

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Go Look at Facebook Group Scrapyard Unsensored. That is everything that is wrong with this country. Huge portions of our society are full blown Savage Animals now. Guns are not the problem. People acting like that on that FB group are.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    It's amazing how we dodged little kids riding around on miniature ponies with six shooters, lever actions, and lassos, going around menacing the town back in the John Wayne days. That would have been horrible.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Last week conservative news has been all about public schools grooming the kids.
    This week, conservative news is all about arming the public school faculty.

If you can't find irony in that, I don't know what to say.

For the record, I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea for our area. But let's not forget our area also produced Mr and Mrs Perkins.

All due respect, the prospect of arming teachers has been around longer than sexual deviant teachers grooming kids has been a thing. And if I had to cherry pick, I’m pretty sure whoever’s crying for teachers to be armed ain’t talking about these liberal freaks who likely hold the same leftist anti gun beliefs as most other crazy demented liberals, so…

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I think when talking about immersion in violence, it's important to realize that it's not the violence so much but the lack of moral context for it. In the good 'ole days many of us grew up in, the "white hats" never started the fight, only reacted when the "black hats" threw the first punch or drew their iron. They never back shot, they never shot a wounded man once he was out of the fight, they always tried reason first. Cops in cop shows may have bucked the bureaucratic system, but they weren't on the take and didn't break the law, and they didn't tolerate those who did. Criminals weren't lionized as the hero of the films, and even when the gangster films did focus on "larger than life" characters, in the end, they always got what the audience knew was coming: a violent death by the gun or a long prison sentence as the lesson that however glamorous it may appear, crime doesn't pay. Video game violence also had some context to the violence: shooting down alien invaders to save the Earth, shooting down Nazi warplanes, karate sparring, boxing to a knockout, hunting ducks. It wasn't just killing for the sake of killing. Mortal Kombat changed fight games from sparring to knockout to gruesome killing blows (some may now earlier examples, that is just the first that comes to mind for me).

Now, there is almost a complete lack of moral conscience associated to violence within the entertainment industry, and video games like Grand Theft Auto series glamorize gratuitous violence. Most first person shooters now have NO sides, NO moral side to pick, it's straight up joining an online violent, indiscriminate kill-fest where the only thing that counts is the number you rack up. When you add to that the immense amount of vapid, narcissistic entitlement modeled in social media, reality television, and celebrity news, the perpetual idea of victimhood and a right to feel like anyone you don't agree with has somehow hurt you, and examples of unaccountable lawlessness portrayed as somehow heroic protest, it's no wonder we've got generations of these mind-f*@ked timebombs on the streets.

saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    For the record fellow BS members, I joined the NRA in the Fall of 1972 as a fresh 21-yr-old who wanted to join my university's pistol team. But I quit the NRA years later after I sensed the divisive directions Wayne LaPierre was taking it, seemingly to benefit the firearms industry. Lots of you know me, I'm a seasoned Afro Creole man who still owns and loves my firearms. Likewise I have friends of all races, stripes and political persuasions. At my age I can be "unfiltered" and I understand that 2nd Amendment "absolutism" is the prevalent view these days. Unfortunately, I also understand that some of you will feel the need to attack the messenger (that's ME) since too many Americans don't really want to hear each other's thoughts any more unless they mirror our own. But I just have to offer this food for thought--
    It is sad and frightening to read comments by so many people who seem comfortable with the idea that this tragedy was some "Antifa-inspired false flag operation" (seriously?) OR that we can and should be satisfied with the concept of dropping off our babies and my grandbabies every morning to walk past armed guards at every school entrance and onto the care of their pistol-packing classroom teachers -- who are then supposed to educate them with presumably positive values? Did WE have to endure that at such an early age, or ever?
    Yes I am a geezer these days, but I seem to remember that it's only been over the past 2 decades that we were convinced that everybody needed to have "sporting" (a/k/a "assault") rifles, while manufacturers sprang up everywhere to offer "affordable" AR's and accessories so we could ALL be tactical-cool with our toy rifles and our multiple magazines. Yes, I bought a few AR's along the way too, in different calibers. Buy I always dumped them quickly, always felt like playing w/ toys albeit lethal ones.
    Isn't there ANYthing to be considered as feasible when it comes to background checks, or raising the age to own such weapons as these AR "sporting rifles" or whatever you want to call them?
    If hunting rifles are legally limited to 5-rounds, why do I really need dozens of 30-round mags for my "sporting" rifle unless the "sport" I'm fantasizing over is killing lotsa people -- even if I pretend it's in self-defense?
    Like I said, I know some of you will hate the Messenger but I hope others will at least open your minds to the possibility of compromising -- that's really my hope. Thanks.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They were just doing their job guys, calm down.
    2c11542d574c0c309fa5fba5b4a65c46.jpg
    31d2dd16f1d2e44f305a333c9f319a83.jpg

Here we go, we will find out in a few days exactly what happened. I’m curious as well as to why they waited, it’s hard to comprehend. If it was my child or grandchild’s school they would definitely have to try and detain me. As far as the family members being detained, that happens all the time and is nothing new at crime scenes. I could not live with myself knowing that children were injured inside that building and not do EVERYTHING possible. I originally was thinking it was untrained resource officers who were completely out of their element but I saw local, state and feds geared up outside. Hard to accept.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    For the record fellow BS members, I joined the NRA in the Fall of 1972 as a fresh 21-yr-old who wanted to join my university's pistol team. But I quit the NRA years later after I sensed the divisive directions Wayne LaPierre was taking it, seemingly to benefit the firearms industry. Lots of you know me, I'm a seasoned Afro Creole man who still owns and loves my firearms. Likewise I have friends of all races, stripes and political persuasions. At my age I can be "unfiltered" and I understand that 2nd Amendment "absolutism" is the prevalent view these days. Unfortunately, I also understand that some of you will feel the need to attack the messenger (that's ME) since too many Americans don't really want to hear each other's thoughts any more unless they mirror our own. But I just have to offer this food for thought--
    It is sad and frightening to read comments by so many people who seem comfortable with the idea that this tragedy was some "Antifa-inspired false flag operation" (seriously?) OR that we can and should be satisfied with the concept of dropping off our babies and my grandbabies every morning to walk past armed guards at every school entrance and onto the care of their pistol-packing classroom teachers -- who are then supposed to educate them with presumably positive values? Did WE have to endure that at such an early age, or ever?
    Yes I am a geezer these days, but I seem to remember that it's only been over the past 2 decades that we were convinced that everybody needed to have "sporting" (a/k/a "assault") rifles, while manufacturers sprang up everywhere to offer "affordable" AR's and accessories so we could ALL be tactical-cool with our toy rifles and our multiple magazines. Yes, I bought a few AR's along the way too, in different calibers. Buy I always dumped them quickly, always felt like playing w/ toys albeit lethal ones.
    Isn't there ANYthing to be considered as feasible when it comes to background checks, or raising the age to own such weapons as these AR "sporting rifles" or whatever you want to call them?
    If hunting rifles are legally limited to 5-rounds, why do I really need dozens of 30-round mags for my "sporting" rifle unless the "sport" I'm fantasizing over is killing lotsa people -- even if I pretend it's in self-defense?
    Like I said, I know some of you will hate the Messenger but I hope others will at least open your minds to the possibility of compromising -- that's really my hope. Thanks.
    Shall not be infringed

6ba72f96d2b71ae6954e2429e80e07a4.jpg

Top Bottom