Elementary School Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Thoughts and prayers for the families involved...... There is going to more to the story..... Guns do not kill people because people do the killing ...... the guns are just the tool used...... You can not legislate morality................ Where is the outcry about all of the people killed every day by the automobiles and trucks ??? ................. drill sgt.

Pull-1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2018
    Lake Providence, La.
    The shooter.
    F0D212DD-8B51-4EC7-BA33-18663AA1F9AA.jpeg

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Are these crazy people being singled out and radicalized by the radical left to convince people more gun control is needed. It seems these shooting have went up since the democrats control all of Washington. Seems too coincidental that the NRA just happens to be having their annual meeting in Houston this weekend.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    This will continue to happen until the root cause is addressed, which is mental health, and the issue is being worsened as time goes on. I contend that psychotropic anti depressant drugs, combined with a multitude of other pharmaceuticals being forced onto the population at a young age is THE main issue at hand.

ETA - Which begs the question, why is big pharma NEVER held responsible for the actions of their "patients"? But yet, they want to hold the manufacturer of the tools used accountable. This is the literal definition of insanity.
    Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    This will continue to happen until the root cause is addressed, which is mental health, and the issue is being worsened as time goes on. I contend that psychotropic anti depressant drugs, combined with a multitude of other pharmaceuticals being forced onto the population at a young age is THE main issue at hand.

ETA - Which begs the question, why is big pharma NEVER held responsible for the actions of their "patients"? But yet, they want to hold the manufacturer of the tools used accountable. This is the literal definition of insanity.
    Mental health is a big issue. Bullying in schools is another. When most kids are being bullied it’s usually the victim who is blamed or suspended. The powers that be need to wake up & start focusing on the root of the problem instead of turning it into a political debate. We don’t need more laws, start enforcing the laws already on the books. The parents of these kids who exhibit this type of behavior on social media, acting out by making threats need to be held accountable. Unfortunately so many parents have no clue what their kids are into or they just don’t give a damn.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    It will continue to happen regardless of mental health care.

It's happened all through out history. It will continue to happen.

Make schools harder targets.
    Restrict access
    Put people with guns at the access points remaining.
    Allow teachers to carry guns.
    Point me to a time in history when kids have mass murdered their peers for no reason.

Murder is part of human history, these situations are different.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I have to point out the irony in that some of the same people that cry out about the militarization of police are now crying out for those same police to guard their kids away from home.
    I can say the same thing about the people crying about the teachers grooming their kids at school and now they are crying to have those same teachers armed to protect their kids.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Mental health is a big issue. Bullying in schools is another. When most kids are being bullied it’s usually the victim who is blamed or suspended. The powers that be need to wake up & start focusing on the root of the problem instead of turning it into a political debate. We don’t need more laws, start enforcing the laws already on the books. The parents of these kids who exhibit this type of behavior on social media, acting out by making threats need to be held accountable. Unfortunately so many parents have no clue what their kids are into or they just don’t give a damn.
    There have always been bullies and always been mental health issues. Mass shootings, especially in schools, is a relatively new occurrence, however. It's parenting, plain and simple.

Read this John Rosemond column. He's an actual realistic psychologist who tells it like it is.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    There have always been bullies and always been mental health issues. Mass shootings, especially in schools, is a relatively new occurrence, however. It's parenting, plain and simple.

Read this John Rosemond column. He's an actual realistic psychologist who tells it like it is.

You know what else is a fairly new occurrence?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Slow day at work. Anyway...

Drugging kids with mind altering substances is a fairly new occurrence and has become common practice. You cannot deny the link between these drugs and many of the perpetrators. At the same time, I will not deny that there are likely other factors that come into play with these people such as previous trauma or what not BUT, I personally find it curious that so many of them are on these pharmaceuticals.
    If we haven't learned anything about big pharma's role in our society in these past couple years, that they do not hold our best interests, how they work against us in lockstep with the power structure, then we are doomed.
    Holding them accountable for situations like this when their drugs are directly involved would be a huge first step.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Perfect timing for ole Beto to use this in his Campaign for Texas Governor. "Greg Abbott wants to kill your kids!" I can see the headlines now.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I respectfully disagree.

However, I am curious how you find the irony.
    Last week conservative news has been all about public schools grooming the kids.
    This week, conservative news is all about arming the public school faculty.

If you can't find irony in that, I don't know what to say.

For the record, I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea for our area. But let's not forget our area also produced Mr and Mrs Perkins.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom