Elementary School Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Let’s clear the air. Uvalde police can’t stop CBP from doing anything. Matter of fact, how could any officer there stop another from going in. That’s a personal choice that was made and has to be lived with. The narrative that “oh we wanted to go inside so bad but the other small police agency/school system police told us we couldn’t”. GET THAT CRAP OUT OF HERE!! There were US Marshalls, DPS, CBP, sheriffs, PD and other officers from
    San Antonio etc. I’ve dealt with all of them at one time or another and one thing all agencies have in common is they want to be in charge but all of a sudden a small town SRO chief bossed all of them around, I don’t think so. On a normal day they would have laughed that chief out of the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don’t think it’s that far fetched to think local LE stoped him from going in. I understand you have more experience being a cop than most of us here who aren’t but don’t you think it’s a little close minded to think every agency in every area operates the same. I can’t picture that many people just standing around doing absolutely nothing to help and trying to arrest people who are without being given orders not to enter. Why they were possibly given the order not to enter is a whole different question.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    There was nothing that could have prevented this.
    ecc96d2fb6e6896fe5ecac2a0ffc8df7.jpg

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I don’t think it’s that far fetched to think local LE stoped him from going in. I understand you have more experience being a cop than most of us here who aren’t but don’t you think it’s a little close minded to think every agency in every area operates the same. I can’t picture that many people just standing around doing absolutely nothing to help and trying to arrest people who are without being given orders not to enter. Why they were possibly given the order not to enter is a whole different question.

I’m not doubting the SRO chief gave the order, I’m questioning why any of those agencies listened. They wouldn’t listen to him in any other situation.

The answer to your other question lies with with who gave the order and their experience. He was a school resource officer, he lacked experience and reverted back to the old way of doing things.

Like they were listening to me:

Man who ordered cops NOT to confront Texas gunman was a 911 dispatcher
    https://mol.im/a/10861919

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I’m not doubting the SRO chief gave the order, I’m questioning why any of those agencies listened. They wouldn’t listen to him in any other situation.

The answer to your other question lies with with who gave the order and their experience. He was a school resource officer, he lacked experience and reverted back to the old way of doing things.

Like they were listening to me:

Man who ordered cops NOT to confront Texas gunman was a 911 dispatcher
    https://mol.im/a/10861919

Gotcha, that makes sense. I’m right with you on not understanding why so many stood around without taking action. 2-5 minutes I could understand a little better but almost an hour just doesn’t make sense whatsoever.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Gotcha, that makes sense. I’m right with you on not understanding why so many stood around without taking action. 2-5 minutes I could understand a little better but almost an hour just doesn’t make sense whatsoever.
    Almost an hour AND a half

ETA - sorry, they stood outside for almost an hour, tazing, pepper spraying,and detaining parents. I believe you are correct.
    Total time he was inside was almost an hour an a half.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Almost an hour AND a half

ETA - sorry, they stood outside for almost an hour, tazing, pepper spraying,and detaining parents. I believe you are correct.
    Total time he was inside was almost an hour an a half.
    No matter how you look at it it’s inexcusable. I sat back and tried thinking of a good reason not to enter or thought maybe we don’t have all of the details. I still can’t imagine any situation or details left out that would make waiting around doing nothing for an hour excusable.

The icing on the cake is using force and detaining people who did try to do something. I pray to God I never find myself in a situation like they were in. I can’t imagine myself just standing outside waiting with my children inside or any children for that matter without exhausting every bit of energy trying to enter the building and helping. Seems like one of those situations where the good guy can turn into the “bad guy” pretty quickly.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    He was arrested for threatening to shoot up a school 4 years ago. They had an AI program to track these sort of threats. He was known to authorities for years. He was reported hours before for planning the attack. He had thousands of dollars in equipment on a part time fast food paycheck. He conveniently enters the building through a wide open door with no resistance. He commits to the attack and authorities are ordered to stand down which gave ample time to aquire many kills.

That's a whole lot of coincidences so far.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

One of the few gun groups who actually fight for our rights and do everything the NRA is supposed to. I quit giving money to the nra to help fund Wayne and became a member at GOA instead. No compromise

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I thank God my kids weren’t in there. I hope to God my family never has to face such a tragedy. That being said, they would have had to shoot me to keep me from going in that school if my child was in there and I imagine they would have tried.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    He was arrested for threatening to shoot up a school 4 years ago. They had an AI program to track these sort of threats. He was known to authorities for years. He was reported hours before for planning the attack. He had thousands of dollars in equipment on a part time fast food paycheck. He conveniently enters the building through a wide open door with no resistance. He commits to the attack and authorities are ordered to stand down which gave ample time to aquire many kills.

That's a whole lot of coincidences so far.

He may not have been one of the two teens arrested previously.
    Some info to ponder on :

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    like i was saying before, another example of how these kids think its cool and are numb to murder.. they all want to be famous and talked about for years in the news and have there name read like they are kings... Heck the buffalo shooter even wrote a manifesto before he did it and published it...

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    like i was saying before, another example of how these kids think its cool and are numb to murder.. they all want to be famous and talked about for years in the news and have there name read like they are kings... Heck the buffalo shooter even wrote a manifesto before he did it and published it...

This has been the case for probably all of human history.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Store where Texas school shooter got gun sold ammo to Mexican cartel

I’m just curious if he was dressed all in black with mascara on when he purchased the guns and ammo

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    The only things that I find astounding is this:
    1. Someone propped open a door (it could have been a teacher that was bringing in materials for class and forgot, no excuse).
    2. The teacher that went outside and realized what was happening, ran back inside, called 911, and LEFT THE DOOR PROPPED OPEN!!!
    3. It was reported that they knew he was moving along the outside of the school, firing into the classrooms. My first immediate thought was WHY DIDN'T THEY GO TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE ROOMS THEY KNEW HE WAS IN and attempt to engage him from there instead of posting up around the corner of the hallway? If he can fire into the rooms from outside, so could they. These details cause this entire episode to stink and brings up way too many questions. If you are being shot at the natural reaction is to seek cover and concealment. The 2nd most glaring thing of importance is figure out how to flank the threat if you can't approach head on. If I had been in the area, (especially if my kids were in there), I would have been running to the other side of the school to gain sight of the target and terminate the threat. Just my thoughts.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    For the record fellow BS members, I joined the NRA in the Fall of 1972 as a fresh 21-yr-old who wanted to join my university's pistol team. But I quit the NRA years later after I sensed the divisive directions Wayne LaPierre was taking it, seemingly to benefit the firearms industry. Lots of you know me, I'm a seasoned Afro Creole man who still owns and loves my firearms. Likewise I have friends of all races, stripes and political persuasions. At my age I can be "unfiltered" and I understand that 2nd Amendment "absolutism" is the prevalent view these days. Unfortunately, I also understand that some of you will feel the need to attack the messenger (that's ME) since too many Americans don't really want to hear each other's thoughts any more unless they mirror our own. But I just have to offer this food for thought--
    It is sad and frightening to read comments by so many people who seem comfortable with the idea that this tragedy was some "Antifa-inspired false flag operation" (seriously?) OR that we can and should be satisfied with the concept of dropping off our babies and my grandbabies every morning to walk past armed guards at every school entrance and onto the care of their pistol-packing classroom teachers -- who are then supposed to educate them with presumably positive values? Did WE have to endure that at such an early age, or ever?
    Yes I am a geezer these days, but I seem to remember that it's only been over the past 2 decades that we were convinced that everybody needed to have "sporting" (a/k/a "assault") rifles, while manufacturers sprang up everywhere to offer "affordable" AR's and accessories so we could ALL be tactical-cool with our toy rifles and our multiple magazines. Yes, I bought a few AR's along the way too, in different calibers. Buy I always dumped them quickly, always felt like playing w/ toys albeit lethal ones.
    Isn't there ANYthing to be considered as feasible when it comes to background checks, or raising the age to own such weapons as these AR "sporting rifles" or whatever you want to call them?
    If hunting rifles are legally limited to 5-rounds, why do I really need dozens of 30-round mags for my "sporting" rifle unless the "sport" I'm fantasizing over is killing lotsa people -- even if I pretend it's in self-defense?
    Like I said, I know some of you will hate the Messenger but I hope others will at least open your minds to the possibility of compromising -- that's really my hope. Thanks.
    Compromising with a liberal is like eating an elephant. One bite at a time. If you ever give (and we have) then from that point on, there will be a constant push for more. If you relinquish your right to own ANY firearm at all, it won't be long before you are asked to relinquish another, then another......
    I watched a documentary on television years ago where Canada had decided that not only machine guns, high capacity magazine guns were dangerous, but so was your grandpa's old Browning auto-load shotgun. They forced citizens (law-abiding) to hand over ALL self-loading arms. I am pretty sure the criminals broke the speed limit getting to the turn in point.....NOT!!!
    This is the reason compromise is not a possibility, IT IS NEVER ENOUGH for those that want to disarm you. If the founding fathers had even dreamed that the type of firearms / armament available today were a possibility, I believe without a doubt that they would have written into the Constitution that the government "shall not be better armed than the citizenry". Why? Because the entire purpose of the 2nd amendment was NOT just self protection or hunting, but to prevent government take-over of your life, which is what they referred to as tyranny.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I know the story is changing daily, but now new video shows the door closing . They are investigating why the locking mechanism failed

Yeah that came out a day it so ago. I’ve mentioned a few times that witness testimony is inaccurate and they are reviewing videos getting the actual events. Some people just believe everything is a conspiracy and there is no changing their minds.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Yeah that came out a day it so ago. I’ve mentioned a few times that witness testimony is inaccurate and they are reviewing videos getting the actual events. Some people just believe everything is -possibly- a conspiracy and there is no changing their minds.

Fixed it for you

perilloux5

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Ponchatoula, LA
    There have always been bullies and always been mental health issues. Mass shootings, especially in schools, is a relatively new occurrence, however. It's parenting, plain and simple.

Read this John Rosemond column. He's an actual realistic psychologist who tells it like it is.

Exactly right. We are too worried about hurting their feelings or being politically correct. It's far past the time to discipline these entitled children and adults. It's time for people to take responsibility for their actions.

Top Bottom