employer banned firearms from personal cars :mad:

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    My father-in-law just received a notice from his employer (Very large employer) stating that firearms are not allowed in his vehicle while working. He is a sales rep. This is his personal vehicle. They pay him mileage and usage each month. He never drives onto his employers property b/c it is located several states away. If he goes there, he would fly. Can his employer deny this right?

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    You can contract yourself into pretty much any corner you can think of. Employment is a contract, so it is between him and his boss.

On the upside, if his boss is States away, I can't see how it would ever be an issue. This seems non-enforceable.

Calhoun123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Near Shreveport
    I would ignore it, but be prepared to lose the job if the gun ever has to be used. Also, if another employee happens to ride along one day - lose the gun. Never talk guns on the job if working for this type of employer.

mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    screw that

I'd keep it in my glove box. if you have to use it, better to be looking for a job than to be dead....

did anyone else watch that E! going postal show, it talked about a day trader than went off and started shooting his coe workers. the gun who ended it was a ccw holder. there was another where a woman at a church killed a gun man, the brady people were all over this show, and tryed to call them trained "police personal"

heres a site for it, it might have some clips somewhere.

http://www.eonline.com/search/index...Most+Shocking+Acts+of+Violence&search_submit=

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Before I opened my personal clinic I did home health in a bad area of Baton Rouge. I had a CCL and many days did not go into the office or set foot on company property. In a casual conversation with the administrator I mentioned this and asked for company policy about carrying in my personal car. I was told no weapons allowed in the car even though I did not drive onto company property. I always carried but kept a low profile. If I had to use the weapon I would have been fired. But I would have been alive to be fired. Now that I own my own business I make the rules and we have a loaded pistol in the office managers (wife's) office. Screw corporate America and their PC.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Had a conversation with my employer about this. He told me guns were not allowed and I asked him since when did they own my personal vehicle, which is considered an extension of my home in Louisiana. Were they gonna ban guns from my house, too? Until they provided a company vehicle, Mr. Bad Guy Killer goes with me.
    Basically told him and the company to go **** themselves in a polite corporate manner. The issue was dropped.

Top Bottom