Engraving in Baton Rouge/River Parishes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I'm curious to see who y'all would recommend to do some Engraving. Potentially looking for a Form 1 Suppressor build, but right now I'm just researching. Any info or advice is appreciated.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    There were a couple brothers that were members here in Baton Rouge that had an engraving setup in their garage off Coursey Blvd. I'm not sure if they are still into it, but you could probably search this site and find their info. Member Request Dust Off in the Westbank has also done work for me and was great as well.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    There were a couple brothers that were members here in Baton Rouge that had an engraving setup in their garage off Coursey Blvd. I'm not sure if they are still into it, but you could probably search this site and find their info. Member Request Dust Off in the Westbank has also done work for me and was great as well.

We use Advanced Laser for all our NFA engraving and highly recommend him. His prices are reasonable and his work is impeccable. Kurt is one of the most detail oriented people you will ever meet.

That said, anyone you hire to do NFA engraving should be intimately familiar with ATF minimum depth, size, location, and content requirements (them having an FFL is a plus because if anything ever were to be a problem you could cite the fact that you went to a licensed professional).

Marking requirements are nothing to mess with. Use a pro. Just my $.02 as someone who probably deals with more NFA items than anyone in Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    We use Advanced Laser for all our NFA engraving and highly recommend him. His prices are reasonable and his work is impeccable. Kurt is one of the most detail oriented people you will ever meet.

That said, anyone you hire to do NFA engraving should be intimately familiar with ATF minimum depth, size, location, and content requirements (them having an FFL is a plus because if anything ever were to be a problem you could cite the fact that you went to a licensed professional).

Marking requirements are nothing to mess with. Use a pro. Just my $.02 as someone who probably deals with more NFA items than anyone in Louisiana.

That is good to hear that they also do excellent work. Always great to have more options in this state as members are scattered all over. Engraving isn’t rocket science with experience and the right tools for the job, yet as a NFA dealer I’m sure you’ve seen some of the barely legible engraving that some of the suppressor manufactures do which makes you scratch your head.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

Well said. Depth requirements are specific and crucial for a legal identification mark.

MGshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Denham Springs
    Hit up Kurt at Advanced first , he does good work .

We can also do it at Meaux guns / Aklys defense in Baton Rouge , though sometimes we're covered up in engraving work doing our in house products ( we have strict ATF time frames to follow for product markings ) .
    Either Laser or CNC mill are in our capability .

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    @spanky, @MGshooter...Thank you both.

We actually have some new projects in the works, you will see it on Insta soon. Been getting a lot of requests to punch some air condition holes in slides or receivers so we got a new lens setup on the way to do just that. Stay tuned.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom