Engraving in North LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LArhino

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ruston
    I ran across "EliteTacticalWeapons.Com" while searching for some other stuff one day. They show to be in Shreveport and they have a few pics of engraving shown on their website. I spoke to someone there and I think he quoted $40-$45 for engraving for an SBR (don't quote me on that though). Plus, I have no first hand experience so I can't vouch for their work.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Ha, glad you posted that; I hadn't seen it yet. I actually mentioned BS to the fella I talked to on the phone; wanted to see how the engraving turned out first, but was gonna suggest he join the forum if he's not already around. We can always use a few more resources on the North side of the state.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I'd ship it off, personally. Find someone known to do quality work with lots of positive feedback.

LArhino

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ruston
    I understand the point of sending it to someone that is known and has a good reputation. However, how can someone get positive or negative feedback if no one ever gives them a chance.

czar has used the guy and says it turned out good. Hopefully Hoghunter will have good results too.

Like has been mentioned, it is hard to find resources in North Louisiana. I will be the first to admit, I order a lot of stuff online but I try to support locals if possible.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    I understand the point of sending it to someone that is known and has a good reputation. However, how can someone get positive or negative feedback if no one ever gives them a chance.

+100

There are some great/proven guys to deal with in south LA, but driving to Baton Rouge can get inconvenient sometimes.

I'll post pics of the engraving when I get it back so folks can come to their own conclusions.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Time after time when I have wanted nice things around here, I am told that people here are so cheap that those things aren't stocked. Surely there are hidden gems around here, but I'm no gambler. I've yet to find anything service related in NW LA that is recommend. Cars, guns, etc. But...I hope this works out well and am anxious to see results!

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Got it back... Turn around time was about 48 hours. I'm happy with it. For those interested talk to Robert at Elite Tactical Weapons; nice guy. Website and phone number below. It was $40 for the engraving; I have no idea what the going rate is for this service at other places. Sorry for the crappy pics. My good phone drowned during a spec hunt a few weeks ago, so only camera I have is on a goPhone.

www.elitetacticalweapons.com
    318-423-6419

IMG_20140106_164507.jpgIMG_20140106_164514.jpgIMG_20140106_164604.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom