EOTech not turning on

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Njir458

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2023
    Lacombe, La
    I'm sure this particular topic has already been discussed at length; but since I'm new to the Bayou Shooter website, I figured I'd ask. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In my possession is one EOTech HWS; overall it appears to be in good condition, albeit with minor scrapes and scratches; but no major problems on the outside. The glass is still in good condition, and the buttons appear to be in working order. The problem, and I'm sure that it's been covered, is that even with new batteries, the device will not turn on.

Steps taken to resolve the issue:
    - Batteries replaced
    - Battery terminals cleaned of all corrosion
    - Control panel (on/off switch) cleaned

Device Specifics
    - Manufactured in December 2007
    - Model: UNK
    - Battery: N style battery x 2

Once again, any ideas on how to remedy this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I'm sure you have checked it (probably several times), make sure the batteries are inserted correctly + and - where they are supposed to be. And try a different set of batteries. If you put batteries in from the same package, they might all be dead. Just spitballing here, hope it's a simple fix for you, Good Luck.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've had older eotechs be picky about the spring tension in the battery connections, bend the tabs out a little or maybe a little foil spacer to make sure they have solid contact

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    There’s always calling Eotech and asking what they can do.
    I’m continually amazed at the good will I’ve encountered when calling manufacturers when one of their products fail. After a brief Q&A, they usually offer to email a shipping label and have me ship the product to them. After a short time, a week or two at most, I receive a repaired product or a brand new one. I’ve repeated this experience over and over with many different products. I would be surprised if you called them and did not have similar results.

Eotech
    9am-5pm eastern standard
    M-F
    1-888-368-4656

Attachments

• 52BBC7FC-C09C-4288-9C44-10CDAB76F862.png
      52BBC7FC-C09C-4288-9C44-10CDAB76F862.png
      98.2 KB · Views: 61

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    It was manufactured in 2007. I believe that was prior to the battery recall where they started installing a rubber grommet to aid in battery contact. Before that, battery contact was lost during recoil due to inertia which caused the optic's lighted display to flicker or go out completely. The grommet ensured the batteries maintained contact with the terminals, even during recoil. A total redesign of the Eotech optics changed the battery position to be 90* to the barrel instead of parallel, but that resulted in a different battery being used. My older Eotechs use AA, and they now use the CR2.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I had a Vortex with the same symptoms . The brightness had gotten turned all the way down and it looked like the unit was dead .

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    It may actually be "turning on" but maybe the image onscreen is no longer visible. The lasers apparently do fail eventually and EOTech recently offered to upgrade mine (the image had finally faded to nearly invisible) to a newer unit since parts for the older units aren't available. Call EOTech.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I'm sure this particular topic has already been discussed at length; but since I'm new to the Bayou Shooter website, I figured I'd ask. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In my possession is one EOTech HWS; overall it appears to be in good condition, albeit with minor scrapes and scratches; but no major problems on the outside. The glass is still in good condition, and the buttons appear to be in working order. The problem, and I'm sure that it's been covered, is that even with new batteries, the device will not turn on.

Steps taken to resolve the issue:
    - Batteries replaced
    - Battery terminals cleaned of all corrosion
    - Control panel (on/off switch) cleaned

Device Specifics
    - Manufactured in December 2007
    - Model: UNK
    - Battery: N style battery x 2

Once again, any ideas on how to remedy this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I just went through this with a good customer...Eotech will tell you this: It's out of warranty with L3/Eotech based on the manufacture date. Hop on their website and put in a service ticket. They will give you a one time use coupon code to their web store for 50% off of electro optics and scopes. Just no thermals.

There's the small chance they will fix it but I highly doubt it. If you get the coupon get a nice new updated optic of your choice for a good deal.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I just went through this with a good customer...Eotech will tell you this: It's out of warranty with L3/Eotech based on the manufacture date. Hop on their website and put in a service ticket. They will give you a one time use coupon code to their web store for 50% off of electro optics and scopes. Just no thermals.

There's the small chance they will fix it but I highly doubt it. If you get the coupon get a nice new updated optic of your choice for a good deal.
    I read of this "offer" on another website. It seems L3/Eotech offers a 50% discount on a new optic, however the 50% is off of their retail price. You might be able to find it for sale cheaper on line, at a better price than their 50% off of retail.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I read of this "offer" on another website. It seems L3/Eotech offers a 50% discount on a new optic, however the 50% is off of their retail price. You might be able to find it for sale cheaper on line, at a better price than their 50% off of retail.

I took advantage of the discount. EOTech products don't seem to be sold much off MSRP (if at all) so IMO it is probably the best deal you can find other than the used market.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I took advantage of the discount. EOTech products don't seem to be sold much off MSRP (if at all) so IMO it is probably the best deal you can find other than the used market.
    Good deal !! They are great optics. Bottom line is to get the best price you can. Except on Ebay-There are lots of counterfeit Eotechs for sale there, so make sure you buy from a reputable dealer.

Top Bottom