ESPN BCS poll/ talk tonight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    The guy named Rod says and I agree , why should LSU have to play in the SEC championship game while Ala. sets at home and it won't matter cause Ala WILL still play in the Nat. championship ?
    What about injuries in that SEC game ? Alabama is rewarded for being second and not having to play this week .

The computer system sucks !

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    So, just for the sake of arguements what happens if LSU loses to Georgia?

Could it be possible the LSU beats Alabama but because they lose in the SEC title game they would get knocked out of the National title picture but Alabama still goes???

fr3nchy524

resident asian shooter!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    new orleans
    So, just for the sake of arguements what happens if LSU loses to Georgia?

Could it be possible the LSU beats Alabama but because they lose in the SEC title game they would get knocked out of the National title picture but Alabama still goes???

it'll probably just change LSU rank to #2 and Alabama to #1, although it wouldn't matter, cause LSU would have home field advantage!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Okie State is a solid #2 in the computers. If Okie state gets 25% of the number 2 votes in the human poles they go to the BCSNCG. Right now they are not getting any #2 votes.... Its all in the humans hands, not the computers, and well if Okie state wins against Choklahoma.

Math is on LSU's side if they lose to Georgia, but Georgia has a snowballs chance in hell of competing with LSU for 60 minutes, just look at their schedule, their SEC schedule included these SEC powerhouses this year: Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy, Florida, Ole Miss, Auburn and South Carolina (who they lost too). LSU's 2nd team could take on most of those teams, oh wait, they did against Auburn...

fr3nchy524

resident asian shooter!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    new orleans
    Okie State is a solid #2 in the computers. If Okie state gets 25% of the number 2 votes in the human poles they go to the BCSNCG. Right now they are not getting any #2 votes.... Its all in the humans hands, not the computers, and well if Okie state wins against Choklahoma.

Math is on LSU's side if they lose to Georgia, but Georgia has a snowballs chance in hell of competing with LSU for 60 minutes, just look at their schedule, their SEC schedule included these SEC powerhouses this year: Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy, Florida, Ole Miss, Auburn and South Carolina (who they lost too). LSU's 2nd team could take on most of those teams, oh wait, they did against Auburn...

yeah i remember kirk herbstreit saying that alabama had like 140 of the 170 something BCS voters vote. so.... in all reality... rematch is most likely gonna happen! in 2007, at least LSU made it to the SEC championship game to have a shot at the National Championship Game... which they got with being the first 2 loss team to go. so i think the National Championship should be determined by the winner of their respect conference and then top seed of those.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Exactly, if Okla St. slams OU at Home, Okla St will rise to #2 and Bama will be right below them at an extremely close #3.

Anyway, I think playing Alabama would be the PERFECT cap to an already Historical Season. If LSU were to beat Bama again in the BCS Title game, History would be made and NO ONE in the near future would come close to matching this kind of a season. The bar would be set VERY high. bring it on I say.

I say let Bama deal with backdooring their way into the NC Title game all by themselves. LSU and it's fans should just go with the flow. This team is indeed capable of beating Bama again. Especially with even longer to prepare, a K. Hillard who is proving himself, a healthy and effective Sheppard and possibly dealing with Jordan Jefferson the entire game.

Bring it!

Also to note. The Title game is like 40 days after the SEC Title game. Plenty of time to heal up from any minor injuries.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom