Eta compact tourniquet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Our EMS uses CAT but also occasionally uses the SWAT-T (news to me)which I previously heard was not any good. The EMS person I talked to said they worked well in the times they have used them, which is probably more than the average YouTuber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Did you notice on the SWAT-T webpage they have a pic on the top bar with an EBRSO uniform shirt and patch??

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    In a previous live I sat thru six years of TCCC being taught by 18D's or NSW who went thru the 18D pipeline. My students would divert to the Med portion, and I would just sit back and absorb from the amazing cadre.

It was always something new from them. We even had cool moulage kits with backpacks that could bleed via remote. The $hit would spray everywhere. We all used the SOFTT-W, and even had to sit there for what seemed like days with the TQ fully applied and no radial pulse, then walk around or crawl and perform tasks to show it didnt stop the fight. Very enlightning. I do remember they wouldnt allow the SWAT-T, or other lower level crap devices, as they did not maintain occlusion if any mobility was needed.

Unnacceptable in an actual scenario, but I guess sufficient for some of the YouTubers who have never needed to use one, or been in anything resembling stress.

Yep, I think if you have to move then anything less than a CAT or SOFTT-W will be a big problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I know there are a lot of fake and Chinese knock-off tourniquets floating around. I wouldn't trust it.
    The biggest prob was the windless was fake, it would snap off under torque. Really bad. Buy only from a well known tac med place.

SOPMODBLOCK2

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    In a previous live I sat thru six years of TCCC being taught by 18D's or NSW who went thru the 18D pipeline. My students would divert to the Med portion, and I would just sit back and absorb from the amazing cadre.

It was always something new from them. We even had cool moulage kits with backpacks that could bleed via remote. The $hit would spray everywhere. We all used the SOFTT-W, and even had to sit there for what seemed like days with the TQ fully applied and no radial pulse, then walk around or crawl and perform tasks to show it didnt stop the fight. Very enlightning. I do remember they wouldnt allow the SWAT-T, or other lower level crap devices, as they did not maintain occlusion if any mobility was needed.

Unnacceptable in an actual scenario, but I guess sufficient for some of the YouTubers who have never needed to use one, or been in anything resembling stress.
    Well said, and valid points. I’ll never understand why people skimp out on life saving equipment.

Wether it be nylon, firearms, or medical. If you’re trusting your life to it:

1. Research it and vet the product.

2. Take the time to learn the how and why.

It’s that simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom