Eta compact tourniquet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Pretty cool new low profile edc tourniquet…
    $32

1667531734833.jpeg

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    65% smaller = 65% weaker, maybe?

Although, paracord and a stick, in a pinch...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    There are a lot of gimmicky TQs out there that do not provide sufficient occlusion and/or fail in other ways when in use. There is a reason that real CATS are the most carried TQs. I see a lot of issues with going smaller and sizing down key components.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    The video was pretty good and had quite a few demonstrations showing that it was the same as a cats..:: that inside the cats it’s still a 1 inch webbing…. But who knows like what you said a belt, shoe laces para cord anything I can do in a pinch

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I’d highly suggest waiting for TCCC approval before using that.
    I wouldn't hold your breath...the CoTCCC hasn't recommended any tourniquets since may 2019, and prior to that, I think it was 2004. I have no idea if this one is any good or not, but I'd still like to check it out.

SOPMODBLOCK2

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    I wouldn't hold your breath...the CoTCCC hasn't recommended any tourniquets since may 2019, and prior to that, I think it was 2004. I have no idea if this one is any good or not, but I'd still like to check it out.
    I know; and for good reason. I talk to Andrew Fisher daily. I would rather have solid data points to reference and compare before trying it on the street.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I know; and for good reason. I talk to Andrew Fisher daily. I would rather have solid data points to reference and compare before trying it on the street.
    What's his role related to all of this?

I'm in a P&S group that he's an Admin of, but all I knew was that he is a doctor that does research on TQ usage.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I always wonder does 65% smaller also mean less surface area. I have always had the SOFTT-W, in every country I've been working, and currently in all my bags. Zero issues.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Our EMS uses CAT but also occasionally uses the SWAT-T (news to me)which I previously heard was not any good. The EMS person I talked to said they worked well in the times they have used them, which is probably more than the average YouTuber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SOPMODBLOCK2

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    What's his role related to all of this?

I'm in a P&S group that he's an Admin of, but all I knew was that he is a doctor that does research on TQ usage.
    He’s a board member on Co-TCCC with an extensive amount of experience in aid under fire with Ranger Batt.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Our EMS uses CAT but also occasionally uses the SWAT-T (news to me)which I previously heard was not any good. The EMS person I talked to said they worked well in the times they have used them, which is probably more than the average YouTuber.

My understanding is that both CAT and SWAT-T are accepted as being good enough to produce occlusion.

I don't carry medical on my person, but I always have access to two to three CATs.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

I think I would trust a YouTuber before I trust you with your “street stories” :mamoru:lol

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    In a previous live I sat thru six years of TCCC being taught by 18D's or NSW who went thru the 18D pipeline. My students would divert to the Med portion, and I would just sit back and absorb from the amazing cadre.

It was always something new from them. We even had cool moulage kits with backpacks that could bleed via remote. The $hit would spray everywhere. We all used the SOFTT-W, and even had to sit there for what seemed like days with the TQ fully applied and no radial pulse, then walk around or crawl and perform tasks to show it didnt stop the fight. Very enlightning. I do remember they wouldnt allow the SWAT-T, or other lower level crap devices, as they did not maintain occlusion if any mobility was needed.

Unnacceptable in an actual scenario, but I guess sufficient for some of the YouTubers who have never needed to use one, or been in anything resembling stress.

Top Bottom