F-Class Match - Aug 1st

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    F-Class match this weekend.

Anybody know where to get a scope mount for a M1 Carbine? Would 1/8" MOA adjustable scope be worth it? Would a 4 MOA red dot be better?

I hope to see you guys there. I'll be the guy with the blue tape holding a cut up mouse pad on the stock for a cheek piece.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    1/8 moa should be fine, and is actually preferred for most F-class shoots since you can really fine tune your aim. Just make sure you're THINKING in 1/8moa when making corrections. I'd stick with the traditional reticle rather than a red dot.

I'll be there.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    1/8 moa should be fine, and is actually preferred for most F-class shoots since you can really fine tune your aim. Just make sure you're THINKING in 1/8moa when making corrections. I'd stick with the traditional reticle rather than a red dot.

I'll be there.

I want to look at your scope & rifle. I've never seen the bad boy in person.

Should be fun.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Tell me you're not going to shoot a 30 Carbine at 600 ?

No, just giving DanZelenka a headache. I don't think it would make it that far any way. I have a big enough challenge with a .308 against you guys.

The blue tape is how I have my cheek piece rigged up. I do have some green tape that is a bit more like Remington green. I just don't want to look like I'm trying to be tacticool.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I've got pipe insulation on my AR adj stock, work's perfect

I'm surprised at how mine works pretty well. I wanted to try some thing temporary before going permanent. I didn't know what I needed but I knew I needed something. I was going to use double sided tape but it wouldn't stick to the pad.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm surprised at how mine works pretty well. I wanted to try some thing temporary before going permanent. I didn't know what I needed but I knew I needed something. I was going to use double sided tape but it wouldn't stick to the pad.

You guys are serious. I thought you were joking about the mouse pad. See ya Saturday.
    Rick

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Chaser,
    Yeah the blue tape & mouse pad is how I roll. It was like that in August. I rigged it up the night before.

Noticed I said "rigged up."
    "Cobbled together" would have implied shoe repair. As in I taped a Flip Flop to the stock for my cheekpiece. Luckily I found an extra mouse pad hanging around.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Not to mention the nail holes it leaves in the stock. ;)

I guess you haven't heard of the recent developments of adhesives in the shoe repair industry.

Shoo - goo might actually be a good choice for this application.

I would have never thought of that if we weren't assing off.

Now to get someone else to try it.

Top Bottom