F.I.T.S., Inc. (Slidell, LA)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    http://www.fitsinc.biz/

Nice indoor range with I believe 8 lanes up to 25 yards. You can't shoot re-loads or any large caliber rifles, unfortunately. But it's a good place for pistol practice. They also cater to the LEO crowd and carry a range of guns and rentals. Also have a classroom for different classes:

Range.gif

Class%20Room.gif

Retail%20Counter.gif

Map%2020050109.gif

Last edited:

kkille1lsu

Kahr Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2006
    New Orleans
    FITS is a range that has classes and offers a "good" range of guns. Pretty pricey though, but its hard to compete with larger stores. Not a bad range.

Bamboozled!!!

Finds ass with BOTH hands
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2006
    Penguin,

Do they still have the Class III suppressed Uzi for rent?

kkille1lsu

Kahr Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2006
    New Orleans
    About the Uzi:
    Last time I went in there...about 2 months ago they still had it in the case too the right, right when you walk in. Speaking of no competition on NS. I am from Slidell but I am in Baton Rouge, there is no competition here either. Jim's is extremely too expensive. I hope they have a representative here. Lower Your Prices or Cabella's, Academy,and Bass Pro Shop WILL put you out of business.

Kinda of off topic, but what is the deal with Bass Pro Shop in Denham and Cabella's in Gonzales?

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Yeah, BPS was nice but when I went to my first Cabela's in Dallas after the hurricane I fell in love.

On a side note; it's funny how when anyone down here says 'after the hurricane' we all know we're referring to Katrina. It's not like before when you would have to specifically refer to which hurricane you were talking about. I wonder if survivors of Camille did the same thing.

kkille1lsu

Kahr Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2006
    New Orleans
    Dunno if you remember, but it came to light back when the first voices of dissention were raised, that several area businesses were behind the old guy who filed the anti-Bass Pro Shop suits; and Jim's Firearms was one of the culprits.

The guy who owns Hebert's Guns in Prairieville has been on the news several times, whining about Cabela's. He comes across as a disgruntled store owner who doesn't want the competition. Too bad, because he has been somewhat of a competitor to Jim's; not that it had any effect on Jim's prices...:rolleyes:

Makes alot of sense.

Just my opinion, but if Cabella and BSP do put some the smaller gun stores out of business, wouldn't you think they would hire them as experts for their store. I have been to both stores and the main people behind the counters are experts in guns, fishing, hunting and are always local.

Seems that if "the man" does screw you over, you may be lucky enough to be an asset to the store and alot of Louisianians. You know people will be coming from all over the state. Benefits can be to bad either.

Top Bottom