F18's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Since they're re-surfacing the runways at Belle Chase they moved a bunch of the F18's to N.O. international (Louis Armstrong? Moisant? whatever its name is now...). Its been cool watching them fly over, though my daughter doesn't like the noise.

HOWEVER, Sunday mornings at 7am at under 500 feet and over 500 knots is not a good combination! One doing that would have been unpleasant. 4 in a row falls into the un-neighborly category. I really hope they splashed whoever it was they went up to check out!

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    And to think that if I can manage to get my lazy butt back in shape in time (not likely to happen, running out of time before my initial pft has to be done) then I could be that hornet driver annoying you to death in the mornin! :D

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Ever been on Pensacola Beach on July 4th week when the Blue Angles practice for the show. They'll bank over the empty lots between buildings at 200 feet and 300 knots and blow jet wash all in your face if your on the balcony. You can see the smiles one the faces of the flyers. It the coolest thing you'll ever see. They litteraly blew me out of bed at 730 on morning a few years ago.

When I lived in Kailua Hawaii mt house was on the beach facing MCBH Hawaii. All summer long we use to go out and watch the reserve 18 squadrons fly along Kailua Beach and the North Shore.

Then there was that accidental Danger Close CAS training run that almost killed me.........
    but I got over it.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Jimmy, if I had a chance to fly F18's if I got in shape, I'd be out running marathons for fun...

I have been workin on it, started too late though, I should have started a year ago when the thought first started crossing my mind, then I would be in the shape I need to be in.

Right now though, I am out running4-5 times a week and hitting up the gym 4 times a week, cleaning up my diet alot.....still tryin to figure out what I can and cannot eat on a regular basis....

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Since they're re-surfacing the runways at Belle Chase they moved a bunch of the F18's to N.O. international (Louis Armstrong? Moisant? whatever its name is now...). Its been cool watching them fly over, though my daughter doesn't like the noise.

HOWEVER, Sunday mornings at 7am at under 500 feet and over 500 knots is not a good combination! One doing that would have been unpleasant. 4 in a row falls into the un-neighborly category. I really hope they splashed whoever it was they went up to check out!

If they keep doing that then call the airport director at NOLA and complain alot......trust me if he hears alot of complaints that will prob end since the commerical jets have to comply with noise restrictions. The temp. residents of F18 will prob. be made to comply also.

I work at BTR airport and the admin. has to remind military "visitors" about our noise restrictions and it usually works.

Just thought this might help since resurfacing a runway takes a few months usually.

Top Bottom