Fal Build Party!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    I just looked at this thread today. Two more members are interested. We may even be able to host with the necessary tools and workspace. Anyone still interested?

We have Belgium kits and will be using DSA receivers.:)

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    Good. I will talk with my buddy today and work out some details.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    If it is before 3-1-11, I would like to go. I have tools, can weld, but have no kits. i would buy one if someone has an extra. If not, I would just like to learn, drink, and eat food. :)

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Nolacopusmc,

Apex Gun Parts

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1557
    FN FAL G1 Parts Kit, Belgian made.

They are in fantastic shape.

DSA sells these rifles assembled for $2,000.00. One of my friends assembled eight FAL rifles, along with several other types of gun kits. He knows his stuff.

Give me another day to work out the details. We have to buy our recievers.

These are some good to very good kits, the wood butt stock and pistol grips are a hit and miss. used barrels can be found from $125 to $350 depending on what you get. There are other options as well.

BUT do NOT build one and think you will be selling it ANYTIME soon for $2000!!
    Any 50.00 style rifle will be good bringing more than $1400 and that would be a COMPLETE matching numbers kit.

Best option is contact Nomad 2nd and pick up one of his Argy kits. $525 or so for the COMPLETE kit. Purchase a Coonan receiver with the Argy cuts for about $325. Now all you are looking at is build price plus your 922R parts!

FAL's are GREAT rifles BUT they ARE somewhat pricey these days if you don't have a few kits stashed away! Honestly you can do better finding a well built COMPLETE shooting rifle! VERY nice G1 is for sale or just sold on FalFiles this week for $950!

KT

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304709

STILL for Sale!

G-1z_on-Coonan.jpg

G-1 FAL Rifle w/BGS markings built on a Coonan Type 1 Receiver (Bolt and Carrier haveMatching Serial Numbers)
    $925 + $20 shipping (make sure your FFL accepts from an individual or shipping will be + $50)
    This rifle was purchased off of a FALFiles member. I tightened and cleaned it up, to include retouching it up and replacing battered parts. It looks Very Good and is an excellent shooter. The trigger has a two stage type effect which helps make this a great shooter.
    US Parts include: 1) Pistol Grip; 2-4) HTS; 5) Upper Receiver; 6) Charging Handle; 7) Muzzle Brake; and 8) Mag Floor Plates

CONDITION:
    - Excellent condition lower receiver and shows very little use.
    - Guide numbers / letters and some millmarks are re-highlighted.
    - Bore: bright and shiny in great condition with strong rifling, there is some minimal pitting which is common for these barrels.
    - Muzzle more than passes the bullet test, looks excellent.
    - Lower receiver recoil plate has a few dings, looks very good to excellent.
    - Bolt and Carrier are matching and BGS marked.
    - Buttstock has been refinished and is in Very Good condition. There is a slight crack under the ferrell that was expertly repaired, it should not travel.
    - Accessories include: 1) Flash-hider; 2) US Muzzle Brake; 3) 2-Mags w/ US Floorplates; 4) Leather Mag pouch; 5) Turkish Bayonet; and 6) Users Manual.

Serial Numbers are:
    Bolt/Carrier = 54833
    Barrel = 48125
    Lower = 52348

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I think that DSA and Colorado Gun Sales still have Imbel Kits with barrells for $350 or so. IF not BUy an apex kit less barrell and buy a USA barrell.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    Lets set a date. does anyone have a vice we can borrow? We can do it at my place in metairie if needed, just needs to be a date im in town.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Whats the plans for the finish? Is this going to be after the build? Parkerize? GunKote? Krylon?

Also.....Any of you that purchased the Argentine FAL kits and have since purchased or plan on purchasing USA 922r compliant parts and don't have a use for your non compliant Plastic Pistol Grip that came with the kit......I am looking for 3 to 5 of them. Shoot me a MSG and I will gladly purchase them from you.

This also goes for any of the parts you plan on exchanging to be compliant.....H,T,S, HandGuards, Butt Stock, Charging Handles....etc

Last edited:

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I have a agry kit im willing to trade or sell if anyone is interested in building it.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I have a agry kit im willing to trade or sell if anyone is interested in building it.

This is all you Brannon!! These are some GREAT kits! COONAN CLICK HERE They have the receivers that are precut for the Argy lowers so no additional machine work is required!

You can contact GMSHOOTER here on the files. He does business with them!!!

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    These are some good to very good kits, the wood butt stock and pistol grips are a hit and miss. used barrels can be found from $125 to $350 depending on what you get. There are other options as well.

BUT do NOT build one and think you will be selling it ANYTIME soon for $2000!!
    Any 50.00 style rifle will be good bringing more than $1400 and that would be a COMPLETE matching numbers kit.

Best option is contact Nomad 2nd and pick up one of his Argy kits.
    $525 or so for the COMPLETE kit. Purchase a Coonan receiver with the Argy cuts for about $325. Now all you are looking at is build price plus your 922R parts!

FAL's are GREAT rifles BUT they ARE somewhat pricey these days if you don't have a few kits stashed away! Honestly you can do better finding a well built COMPLETE shooting rifle! VERY nice G1 is for sale or just sold on FalFiles this week for $950!

KT

I might do that.

I was considering selling off my unbuilt kits.

I won't be making any more, and I've got too much underfoot.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    I am in. My friend and I are off the 1st weekend of March.

Is March 6 or March 7 good for you?

It will give everyone time to order everything?

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    We need to verify all the tools needed and that they will be whereever we are gonna have the build party. Like I have said, I can host. I have a bench that could mount a vise too, but I dont have the vice. could someone experienced tell us all the tools we need and would anyone experienced be willing to come and help? Free food/beer for you.......

Top Bottom