Favorite 2 point sling

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    In the market for another 2 point sling. I currently use a vtac adjustable wide padded sling and, as of now, that is probably what I will be buying again. Although, they have released several other models since my original purchase, so I may try one of those.
    I want at least some padding, I'm thin and a non padded sling becomes uncomfortable in warmer weather after a short period of time.
    I have no complaints really to share about the vtac I have, it is very comfortable and does the job well, but I'm here to get other opinions on possible better options.

What's your favorite 2 point sling?

The sling will be mounted with QD mounts, in the same way as the one pictured.
    eb5b8aeae39ed73145494a9f4bedb94b.jpg

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    used to be big on v-tac , now im blueforce gear vickers.... i love them....

edit

blueforce does make a padded one also as does the vickers now

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    In the market for another 2 point sling. I currently use a vtac adjustable wide padded sling and, as of now, that is probably what I will be buying again. Although, they have released several other models since my original purchase, so I may try one of those.
    I want at least some padding, I'm thin and a non padded sling becomes uncomfortable in warmer weather after a short period of time.
    I have no complaints really to share about the vtac I have, it is very comfortable and does the job well, but I'm here to get other opinions on possible better options.

man thats a fine looking rifle....:hi5:

Plw8

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    Covington

Magpul had a nice one and two point option. It’s by far the better one then any other sling I’ve felt!

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Some fine setups you got there. I'm actually going to move my qd point on the rail to where yours is, like my other rifle. I put this one on yesterday and noticed that mount digs into me.
    The main downside to the Vickers for me is no padding but they are on my radar. Is there anything particular that you can say you like more vs the vtac?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    vickers does have padded now, they can be had cheaper if you look around... I like the tri-glide adjustment they have better than the grip/claw style the vickings tactical had...

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Was a bit trigger happy and ordered one about an hour ago. Appreciated the same either way.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    +1 for the Magpul solution. I've found that the padded Magpul sling is a bit long. The regular Magpul sling is comfortable with a 7ish lbs rifle. The portion of the sling that goes across your shoulder is sufficiently wide. If you are military / veteran / leo, Magpul and DSGArms have some spectacular discounts on slings.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Got the Vickers installed and adjusted and I do like it better than the vtac. It is lighter, and has a simpler design. The vtac does have nice, soft feeling materials and works well, but overall, the Vickers wins.
    Blue Force Gear makes good stuff. I’ve never been dissatisfied. They wear very well too.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sooner89
    Top Bottom