Favorite rifle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    As of lately I've acquired a Umarex MP5 SD 22lr and this thing is a fun gun to shoot. It's accurate and eats anything you can feed it. It's kinda heavy for a 22lr but that weight keeps it from moving around much a follow-up shots are quick and easy. 25 round mags of 22lr make for a good time.

Attachments

• HK MP5.jpg
      HK MP5.jpg
      542.8 KB · Views: 76

Cajunaccla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    As of lately I've acquired a Umarex MP5 SD 22lr and this thing is a fun gun to shoot. It's accurate and eats anything you can feed it. It's kinda heavy for a 22lr but that weight keeps it from moving around much a follow-up shots are quick and easy. 25 round mags of 22lr make for a good time.
    I put a scope on my 22, sighted in pretty good at 25yrd, Could put about 10 rounds of 25 in the center with about a 5" pattern. If I could keep my arm still i think I could do way better! I'm sure it's because I am to old!! LOL

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    My custom build 12.5” 6.8 SPC II. Wilson lower, BCM upper and rail, ARP 12.5” barrel, Dead Air Sandman can, Cryptic Coatings BCG, JPE Silent capture buffer system and Trijicon Credo 3-9x40. Puts a wallop on deer and hogs out to about 300 yards, light weight and compact. Great little gun

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    There is just something very special about a bolt action rifle chambered in a solid cartridge, and especially a long-action cartridge. One from the .30-06 family of cartridges.

Just enough recoil to let you know it doesn't F around. That certain sound of the empty long-action case ejecting. Chambering the next. Closing the bolt.

That'll make a Rifleman smile.

God Bless America.

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    There is just something very special about a bolt action rifle chambered in a solid cartridge, and especially a long-action cartridge. One from the .30-06 family of cartridges.

Just enough recoil to let you know it doesn't F around. That certain sound of the empty long-action case ejecting. Chambering the next. Closing the bolt.

That'll make a Rifleman smile.

God Bless America.

I’m a fan of my bergara ridge in .270 … smooth long action.

Will Penny

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    Ar-15 is my favorite. always has been. whats yours?
    Depends on the circumstances- go to for deer hunting was Browning BAR in .308 Winchester, for long hikes a Winchester model 70 featherweight in .280 Remington, for varmints Tikka T3 stainless in .204 Ruger plus CZ model 527 Varmint in .204 Ruger and .223/5.56, for zombie apocalypse Olympic Arms CAR-15, Colt M16 and RRA LAR-15M stainless in .223/5.56, for squirrels and such Savage 93R17 GV and Ruger Precision Rimfire in 17HMR.

gejshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Mandeville
    Mine is my Browning BAR in .308. About 50 years old, and made in Belgium. I got it when I was 18, and refinished the wood. I originally put a Tasco Big Horn scope on it, and took many deer with it. I eventually replaced the scope with a Vortex Viper and gave it to my son. He took his first deer with it.

Last edited:

gejshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Mandeville
    My favorite rifle as a boy was my dad's Marlin model 39 .22 medallion. It had adjustable open sights and was extremely accurate. I learned to shoot with this gun. Holding steady to shoot squirrels in tall trees made me patient, and I definitely learned to squeeze the trigger. Any jerk caused me to miss. It's not my favorite rifle, but it is the one rifle I will never part with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom