Favorite "Sleeper" Handgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NRB-FDL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2022
    New Orleans
    I have 500+ rounds through both a Canik TP9SF Elite and a SAR9. Both 0 failures and shoot smooth after a bit of break in. Both go on crazy sales if you keep your eyes open. SARUSA currently has a $30 rebate. Both came with hard cases and a range of back grips, Canik came with a decent OWB holster and speed loader. Both came with 2 mags.

SARUSA has extra mags readily available now. Canik...not so much.

On top of the Tisas 1911s, Turkey has been hitting a real sweet spot lately.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    Anyone have any experience with the Stoeger STR line or SAR9?
    i purchased a Stoeger STR-9c about 8 months ago, 3400 rounds later and 1 FTE. The FTE was my fault, offhand and somewhat limp wristed my shot (all my fault)! I have been very happy with it needless to say. it is not as accurate as my Canik, but within 50 yds. its good for me.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Any of you ever heard of Star Firearms?? My nomination is a Star Model 30M 9mm all steel double stack. I picked it up for about $285, and had it Ceracoated. Smoothest action of ANY semiauto I have owned. Loved it so much that I now have 3 Star pistols. Definitely overlooked brand, perhaps due to their having closed shop in 1997.

paulnola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2023
    New Orleans
    Both the P-64 and the CZ 82 are great. I saw a P-64 recently at a gun show for $400. It was in rough shape and did not have the holster and cleaning brush. Mine looks like it came out of the factory and it is my age (1969!). Bought it in 2015 for $225 in GA.

Picked up a nice CZ 82 recently for $350. Very happy with both. The 9x18 will put a lot of hurt on someone. They both love Hornady Critical Defense and hollow points with no problems.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Here’s one that I’ve watched for a while and I’ve shot twice but never broke down and bought, (likely because I already have a dozen of the real thing) even when they were sub $300. A very reliable clone of the Beretta 92. Getting pricier every day…

Attachments

• 84B049F8-C741-482A-A15E-AAC0F57CEC8F.png
      84B049F8-C741-482A-A15E-AAC0F57CEC8F.png
      581.4 KB · Views: 102

paulnola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2023
    New Orleans
    Girsan makes excellent weapons. Sarsilmaz/SAR USA and Canik as well. Most Americans don't know that Turkey has a long history of producing high quality firearms. They are inexpensive here, so I think many people dismiss them as low tier or cheap. So much not so!
    I am thinking about picking up Girsan's High Power clone. It is supposed to be on par with the FN.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    P-85 my Dad bought new when they first came out. Not the most popular but reliable as hell. In the thousands of rounds thru this thing I can remember a single hiccup, but we always use brass cased ammo.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    I just bought a Girsan off here few a weeks back and lemme tell you, its a GREAT pistol. I've put nearly a thousand rounds through it since and I haven't had a single hiccup. Best sub 400 dollar purchase since my CzP10c

Top Bottom