FDE G19 stipple project

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    So I found a pattern I liked and jumped in it.
    I think it came out good but not perfect. Some of the stuff that was stuck to the tip was burnt and got in one spot on the gun before I cleaned it off :/. I don't know how to get it off oh well. It is just the little darker spot on the left side.
    uzyzahy4.jpg

meremata.jpg
    ynu9ymy4.jpg

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Yep well done on a first job. Might I suggest finishing the grip? It doesn't really help to stipple it much if you don't get a full grip stipple going. Just my opinion though.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks guys. It was my first time and I just decided to do it this morning lol.
    Matt I was trying to decide of I wanted a full grip or not.... Until I feel one I can always add more but I couldn't take it off if I did not like it. This is also my concealed carry piece so I did not want it to get too aggressive. I like how it turned out but if I like one with more when I get to try one I can always add it.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Yea man first time. It went real quick too. Only about 20-30 minutes for everything. It is not as aggressive as I thought. I did it on the GLOCK speed loader first and I liked it. It is really the best of both worlds in my opinion. More aggressive than the "dot" pattern but not as rough as the "slits". Anyone is more than welcome to check it out, shoot it, etc.
    I also have the kit I used and tip if anyone would like to replicate it after.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Looks nice! That took some stones to make a FDE your first run at it. Good job.

Haha it would have taken stones with either one. I just got this thing and the first rounds through it were the class Saturday. I liked it do I decided to make it mine. I do see why people rather the black though. You have to work from top to bottom and meet in the middle. If not it gets too hot and begins to get "darker or black" like in that one spot. I found a way to fix it reading online though.
    Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom