Federal Judge Rules on Pistol Brace.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Atf reported officially only 255,136 to please register pistol brace out of 40,000,000+....

thats 0.6% of compliance....:doh: im sure the other 37,500,000 either disassembled or destroyed there pistol

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    So there are two injunctions. That seems like a step in the right direction but what is the next step? The whole House committee voting against the brace rule means nothing because we know creepy old Joe won't sign something that repeals what he told them to do. I think it will have to be fixed through the courts.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not sure where these stats are considered NONCOMPLIANCE. Is the ATF calling it noncompliance? Not registering the weapon is not complying with the NFA? As I remember, there were maybe 4 methods to COMPLY with this bogus “federal law”, registering the weapon being one. Pretty sure failing to comply with federal law is a felony. Just taking this at face value, it seems like maybe the ATF was just attempting to start a mass registration of AR 15’s. I think maybe they didn’t get the ball rolling as fast as they’d hoped.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Not sure where these stats are considered NONCOMPLIANCE. Is the ATF calling it noncompliance? Not registering the weapon is not complying with the NFA? As I remember, there were maybe 4 methods to COMPLY with this bogus “federal law”, registering the weapon being one. Pretty sure failing to comply with federal law is a felony. Just taking this at face value, it seems like maybe the ATF was just attempting to start a mass registration of AR 15’s. I think maybe they didn’t get the ball rolling as fast as they’d hoped.
    Exactly, if you took your brace off, installed a 16" barrel or god forbid destroyed your weapon the ATF would never know the difference.

Ric70506

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2023
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    As a result of the new ATF rule on pistol braces and the various lawsuits that have been filed against it, I am now an active member of Gun Owners of America, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the Firearm's Policy Coalition As such, I am currently covered by one or more of the temporary injunctions that have been issued against the ATF and their new rule for the members of these groups. For anyone looking for more information on the current status of the pistol brace issue or any other 2nd Amendment subject, I highly recommend the guy at the Washington Gun Law. This guy is an attorney in the state of Washington who monitors all of these issues and posts short informative videos on a regular basis. It is the best way I have found to keep up.

Domg96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    Carriere Mississippi
    hopefully the law gets overturned in general soon, I joined those groups as well and seems like they have a solid chance at overturning even more then just the brace ban

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    As long as you're not blasting publicly, especially on this forum, where we all know FBI/ATF agents frequently stalk, and the site owners gladly obides by their commands, the letter people would have no way of knowing what you did or didn't do with your firearm.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Here is the issue with complying. People complied when it was 'Bump Stock Ban'. They lost money. They lost property. Entire business were destroyed. All due to the AFT overstepping their authority.

Now they want people to forfeit more property in order to comply with their new rule on braces.

tigerman248

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Seeing the same overreach with the FRT. But a Texas judge has issued a TRO against the DOJ/ATF

Last edited:
    Top Bottom