FEEDBACK WANTED: 1911 vs. Glock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegallyArmedAm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Lake Charles, LA
    We at Legally Armed America are putting together an in depth look at the age-old argument of 1911 vs. Glock. However, there's no better experts than the ones out there most familiar with their own 1911s and Glocks. Please email us your thoughts/opinions on your 1911 or Glock along with any experience you might have with both. We'll also be including some home video from viewers from anyone sending any. All comments and video can be sent to info@LegallyArmedAmerica.com. This is going to be a gun segment...not looking to tick off 1911 or Glock owners! Here's out tease we're running in the show for the segment.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    glockv1911.jpeg

:mamoru:

I'm not a Yeager Disciple but he does have experience with seeing thousands of students in his classes using all sorts of firearms. I saw this video on the sidebar of my channel and figured you might can get some info from it.

A 1911 that works correctly, is just as rare as a Glock that doesn't
    - Yeager

Why 1911's Suck Part #1 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJj90eNIfE

I didn't watch Part 2 & 3.

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    John Browning would be disgusted with this.

I like my plastic pistols and they are good for certain applications....but I see no comparison.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    This should stir it up good. :)

1911's = Great Target Pistols.
    Glocks = Great Defensive Pistols.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    John Browning would be disgusted with this.

I like my plastic pistols and they are good for certain applications....but I see no comparison.
    I think John Browning being the genius that he was would have a entired line of polymer weapons at the moment. He was a innovator.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I think John Browning being the genius that he was would have a entired line of polymer weapons at the moment. He was a innovator.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

He'd also almost certainly be the first to tell you that many of the ways in which his original design has been violated can and will lead to failures in the pistols.

He'd definitely merc whoever came up with the plan to add firing pin blocks and decockers to his HiPower design...

jquinnett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Bossier City, LA
    I have Glocks and they are good and light, also 1911s and they are accurate and fun to shoot. But didn't I see that Rock River Arms and Kimber are now making polymer framed 1911s. And Glock makes a target model now...All these fancy guns and only thing available to shoot from them is Tula steel ammo...what is the world coming too.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    i love just about any handgun i own more than my glock, but my glock is consistent, cheap(in comparison), and cleaning is a breeze. I love all my guns till cleaning time, then i wish they were my glock.

stupid g19

STUPID GUN $^%^$ &^&*(^@

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    I do not know if Mr Yeager would consider my Remington Rand a "production" model, but I have fired many ammo manufacturers and never ever had a problem. On a side note, I have fired my son's off duty glock and do not like it at all.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Bad primers aside, the one 1911 that was at Gunfighter 2 last weekend seemed to have more malfunctions throughout the day than all the Glocks combined. I think we fired around 350/400 rounds each? Before starting the class, my G19 hadn't been cleaned in probably 600 rounds, either. That's all I needed to see.

Sorry freedive10- chime in if I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 1911s...

...but it's based more on an admiration of the tradition, design and beauty, kind of like the old timers dig on wheelguns.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The 1911 is amazing as it was designed over 100 years ago and is still valid.

However the glock has benefitted from 80yrs of improvements in mfg, materials and design.

I would have to say the design of the glock is more reliable in my eyes.

I like both, own both and shoot them about the same.

Alot of the arguments are over personal preference. I say go with what you like!

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Bad primers aside, the one 1911 that was at Gunfighter 2 last weekend seemed to have more malfunctions throughout the day than all the Glocks combined. I think we fired around 350/400 rounds each? Before starting the class, my G19 hadn't been cleaned in probably 600 rounds, either. That's all I needed to see.

Sorry freedive10- chime in if I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 1911s...

...but it's based more on an admiration of the tradition, design and beauty, kind of like the old timers dig on wheelguns.

My G19 had 4-5 stovepipes. Looked into it and I have the old 336 ejector. The new updated one is on its way.
    BTW!!
    Is that trojan 9mm in that 1911 picture!!!!??

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Absolutely.

1911s are the muscle car in the garage. Glocks are the Toyota you drive to work everyday.

Well said. No doubt 1911's are very nice guns. For carrying I prefer no safeties. Point and shoot. Both have proven them selves over the years. My personal preference is a Glock.

Top Bottom